• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

who knows

baba agba

Registered Users (C)
my case number is 2007AF7xxx. i dont konw if anybody can predict which month my interview will probably be. i am using CP. thanx

probably in octobet

hi

according to the case number that u gave ur interview will probably be during october or novenber thats for sure .

good luck

thanks

thanks a bunch. i would like to know which documents i be needing cos i just join this thread. and which should i get down before the second package arrives.

The documents listed in the 2nd package are the same that the ones in the 1st.
They are:
_ the appointment letter ( the 2nd package ) is required to enter an embassy
_ birth certificate
_ marriage certificate ( and divorce if applicable )
_ death certificate ( if applicable, for spouse or children )
_ deportation papers if applicable
_ police certificate
_ court and prison records
_ proof of High School diploma ( and higher education if any )
_ Evidence of support :
* affidavit of support ( I134 ) ( by a USC or LPR )
* job offer in the US
* money or assets on your name
_ your passport
_ US-size photos
_ medical exam : the 2nd package will indicate the list of accredited physicians.

Not required, but might be requested : US tax returns if you lived in the US
but you do not need a US police certificate .

For the police/court and prison records, special rules apply depending on how long you lived in a country and at what age.
Also, for some countries, it takes time to obtain them. So do some research!

Also, bring anything you think is applicable and relevant to your case ( better be safe than sorry... )

ask

Hi Catseyes,

Those mentioned documents were applicable for me as the winner? Or should I also prepare the complete documents for my spouse too?

I wonder whether I should translate my spouse documents such as birht certificate, etc.

I got the NL letter last week, and about to send them out this week. Preparing my self for interview.

Thx

thanks

i am single, i also live in my country, my main concern is the part you wrote

Evidence of support :
* affidavit of support ( I134 ) ( by a USC or LPR )
* job offer in the US
* money or assets on your name

would i need to satisfy this three or one (affidavit of support ( I134 ) ( by a USC or LPR ). because i can satisfy that and not job offer. and the third part i have little money to show in my account.

please reply

Baba_Agba :

For the Evidence of Support, you can provide any combiantion of the 3, which means you can provide one ( any one )of the mentioned documents, two ( any two ), or the three of them.
Remeber that you better be safe than sorry. Bring as much as you can.
So, the I134 is good. Still, it would be better if you could show your own funds, instead of just relying on other people's money.
Don't get me wrong, the I134 should be enough. For my own peace of mind, I prefer to be safe and overprepared...

Vania :

The principal applicant has to show the documents I listed. Beneficiaries have to show most of them ( proof of termination of prior marraiges, birth ....). The only one that is not required for beneficiaries is the High School diploma : only the principal applicant has to prove it.

For translations, it depends on your consulate/embassy.
For CP in France ( my experience ), documents written in French or English were accepted.
Check for your location. Even if you have to pay a fee to contact the onsulate, it might save you a lot of money ( certified translations are very expensive )