Who fills the DS260 Form Once NVC sent out Confirmation of Case to Move Forward - Principal or the petitioner

tw7861970

Registered Users (C)
Who fills the DS260 Form Once NVC sent out Confirmation of Case to Move Forward - Principal or the petitioner

Each visa applicant needs to fill in a DS260. If the principal has derivatives, they each fill in their own form.

Thanks Susie for your reply my Principal and derivates are not much skilled in filling such forms. Can I petitioner fill these on their behalf. Is that going to work or not

Thanks Susie for your reply my Principal and derivates are not much skilled in filling such forms. Can I petitioner fill these on their behalf. Is that going to work or not

I'm not sure what you mean about skills as it is information about themselves that needs to be filled in. Well, you can do it for them but be aware that if any information is wrong it will be seen as their fault, they still have to sign themselves that everything is accurate. (Or if minors the parent who signs for the minor.)

What is a lawyer going to know about your family that you don’t? A DS260 is a totally straightforward process, as long as you know the answers to the questions.

Well to mimimize my chances of doing some thing wrong I was thinking of providing the data to a lawyer to process me as per immigration law. You must have done DS260 in the past but I have not done and I still have some time to learn and decide which avenue I will be using. I know its simple for you but perhaps once I know the DS260 form it will be easier for me as well. Thanks for your input. You seem like immigration scholar and gentleman... lol

Well to mimimize my chances of doing some thing wrong I was thinking of providing the data to a lawyer to process me as per immigration law. You must have done DS260 in the past but I have not done and I still have some time to learn and decide which avenue I will be using. I know its simple for you but perhaps once I know the DS260 form it will be easier for me as well. Thanks for your input. You seem like immigration scholar and gentleman... lol

Have you had a look at a sample DS260 yet? Here is one https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260-Exemplar.pdf - NOTE the actual form is much, much, much shorter than this, the attachment is only so long because they go through every possible option (each option is listed at the top of the page so you can see if it applies to how you have to answer) and because they have expanded all the “help” sections (which are clickable on the form itself as you go through it). Anyway you can have a look and decide if you want to pay a lawyer to enter the details in the form - exactly the same details you will provide him or her. Having a lawyer in no way solves any issue of incorrect data or applicant signing to that data by the way.

PS does my profile pic or name look or sound like a gentleman :D
PPS yes I have “done” Ds260 in the past, but only for my own application, and obviously I had not done it before that...

hi
I looked at the actual application DS260 I have five people (husband wife plus three kids) so all five people will have to fill this application and submit.