Which visa needed to get hired as an Accounting Professional ?

Udupi

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am on H4 at present. I got MBA from US. I am likely going to get an offer for Tax/Audit Associate position in an International CPA firm. Since H1B quota depleted, do I have any alternatives to get work authorization ? Am I eligible to get H2B or J1 Visa ? If I can, what are the hurdles I might have to face in processing the H2B and J1 visa.

Any responses will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Have you considered a TN visa? You'll have to meet certain criteria, which you do by holding a degree in your field. The down side is you'll have to renew each year, but it can be done through the mail. The first application will have to be made in person at a port of entry. You'll need your physical degree, a letter of employment from your employer & $50.00. The up side is that there is no annual limit on TN's & no limit on annual renewals.

I am landed permanent resident of Canada, not citizen. I do not even meet requirements to apply for citizenship right now.

Thanks

I don't know if MBA is considered a Master's, but US has allocated an additional 20,000 H1B's for US Master's graduates of which only about 6500 have been used thus far.

I know MBA is Masters in Business Administration, so it is considered as Masters' degree.