which senator/congressman/congresswoman should contact? I'm in Houston.

Fuji

Registered Users (C)
Please help me on this.

I want to send request letter to expedite my case.

Who should I contact to? Any sample letter out there?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
FujiS,

Use your zip code in the Congress web site to find who your Congressman is and write to him/her for help. I wrote to Congressman John Culberson who represents the 7th District where I live and he has inquired on my behalf and gotten a response. Although my case is still not resolved, at least I have some information. I also wrote to Senator John Cornyn around the same time but his office has not gotten me anything, it has been over 3 months. The lesson is that you have a better chance with the Congressman. I hope this helps.

sg_rg2

ND 09/01, FP2 05/04, still waiting

TO sg_rg2,
I have also contacted with Congressman John Culberson last week & wrote to Senator John Cornyn this week.
Could you please tell me within how many days you got response from Congressman ?

RD/ND Jan 2002
1st FP Feb 2003
2nd FP July 2004
RFE issue 7th April 2004
RFE ACK 21st April 2004
New RFE ACK 21st June 2004 ( RFE ACk date changed )
Officer #289
AD ???????????????
waiting more than 80 days after RFE ACk

Dipankar,

Congressman Culberson was able to get me a response within 20 days. Senator Cornyn has not been able to get a response in over 3 months. So you be the judge. In addition to writing to them you also need to sign a form that let them inquire on your behalf. If you havn't already completed them please do so to get results quickly. Good Luck.

sg_rg2
ND 09/01 FP2 05/04 waiting

thank you sg_rg2, I sent an on-line email to Tom Delay,

the representative of our district 21. Let me ask you this:
How to send a signed request form to congressman/senator? what form? where to find the form? Should I call them? or send a letter like the one we send to TCS?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
FujiS,

I found the form(s) in the Congressman and Senator's web site, each form was different. Read the website carefully to follow the instructions for assistance with immigration. I havn't checked Congressman Delay's web site so I don't know what he requires. It is a form where you sign authorizing the Congressman to make an inquiry on your behalf. Otherwise the USCIS might not give out any information about your case to him. Good luck!

sg_rg2

Same here

Contacted Senator Cornyn's office (fax) more than 2 months agao, only thing I got is a letter acknowledging the inquiry. I will have to contact Congressman Culberson's office.

RD/ND 11/2001
FP 2/2003
RFE Ack 3/2004
2nd FP 7/2004
AD ??????

sg_rg2 said:
Dipankar,

Congressman Culberson was able to get me a response within 20 days. Senator Cornyn has not been able to get a response in over 3 months. So you be the judge. In addition to writing to them you also need to sign a form that let them inquire on your behalf. If you havn't already completed them please do so to get results quickly. Good Luck.

sg_rg2
ND 09/01 FP2 05/04 waiting

sg_rg2 ,

Thanks for advice .
For CONGRESSMAN JOHN CULBERSON , I have given the letter but I have not given any other form & they didn't ask for any other form.
So, could you please tell me the which form you have signed & given to
CONGRESSMAN.

Thanks in advance.

RD/ND Jan 2002
1st FP Feb 2003
2nd FP July 2004
RFE issue 7th April 2004
RFE ACK 21st April 2004
New RFE ACK 21st June 2004
Officer #289
AD ???????????????
waiting more than 80 days

Dipankar_sr,
Did you respond the RFE by yourself or by the lawyer ? I wonder if it makes difference, because I replied the RFE by myself, nothing happens after a month.

Thanks,
mdct19