Which center will my I140 case go to?

Rajeev Seth

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My I 140 case is filed and I have a LC from Georgia. I havent received the receipt yet. Is it certain that my case will go to Texas Center or can it go to Nebraska? Is there difference in processing times between these 2 centers?

Any info would be appreciated.

To quote the USCIS memo...

"On April 1st USCIS launched the first phase of bi-specialization, which included amended filing instructions for a Form I-485 that is filed concurrently with a Form I-140. Specifically, USCIS directed that, as of April 1st, these concurrent I-140/I-485 filings be submitted to the Nebraska Service Center. With the amended filing instructions for standalone I-485 filings that take effect on July 24th for phase 2 of Bi-Specialization, the filing of all employment-based Forms I-485 will be centralized at the Nebraska Service Center. Standalone I-485 filings submitted before July 24th to the location where Form I-140 was pending or had already been approved, according to the filing instructions in effect at that time, will generally be processed to completion by the center where they were received.

On April 1st USCIS launched the first phase of bi-specialization, which included amended filing instructions for a Form I-485 that is filed concurrently with a Form I-140. Specifically, USCIS directed that, as of April 1st, these concurrent I-140/I-485 filings be submitted to the Nebraska Service Center. With the amended filing instructions for standalone I-485 filings that take effect on July 24th for phase 2 of Bi-Specialization, the filing of all employment-based Forms I-485 will be centralized at the Nebraska Service Center. Standalone I-485 filings submitted before July 24th to the location where Form I-140 was pending or had already been approved, according to the filing instructions in effect at that time, will generally be processed to completion by the center where they were received."

Rajeev Seth said:
Hi

My I 140 case is filed and I have a LC from Georgia. I havent received the receipt yet. Is it certain that my case will go to Texas Center or can it go to Nebraska? Is there difference in processing times between these 2 centers?

Any info would be appreciated.