where to get ADIT photos in Manhattan

waiting_f_godot

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

13 years in this magnificient land, 8 plus of those paying social security and a good deal of taxes.

and living like an immigrant or an amoeba.

So, no approval yet but surely this week I might as well assume just to try and stay sane.

A Couple of questions then:

1)
After approval notice we're required to take 2 ADIT style photos?

Is there a list of good locations/studios in Manhattan for getting these snaps?

2) During passport stamping do they take the fingerprints again? All fingers again?
(that would mean I'm to be careful about not getting any papercuts these days)

Thanks for any info and as always its good to have this board for support through this stupid and exasperating rigamarole.

PD: April 99
RD: November 5, 2001

Plenty of places near Federal plaza

There are plenty of places near Federal Plaza where you have to go for your stamping anyway. Other choices are China town or Jackson Heights (if you are from Queens). I would go to an immigrant rich neighborhood, that way the person taking the picture knows what to do if you tell them it is for GC processing.
But there are places even in mid-town (sorry I do not recall the names right away).

As for finger prints, I remember that at the time of getting the PP stamped only an index finger print is taken.

Hope you get your approval soon. Enjoy

Check out CVS Pharmacy

I had my pictures taken at CVS Pharmacy. You get 16 pictures for just $6.95. They will take several digital pictures and let you choose one before printing it.

cvs knows ADIT rules?

Hi,

Thanks PSmith and NandhaKumar.

Nandhakumar: a follow-up question - does CVS know about ADIT rules and INS requirements? Or you had to provide them with that info? If so is there an infosheet available online someplace?

I've recently relocated from Boston and so I'm not sure where in Manhattan to get immigration photos...

The CVS I went for the pictures had immigration infosheet with them. It's better to have a copy with you when you go there. BTW... make sure the CVS you visit has "1-hour photo".