Where to file spouse 485?

NYImmigrant

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

My 485 was filed in mid 2003 at CSC and transfered to New York City local office. I had an interview in Jan and the case is still at NYC...

I need to file my spouse 485 application as my PD would become current in June. My questions is if I should file her 485 application at:
1. CSC,
2. NSC or
3. New York City local office?

Anyone in the same boat? Any help would be highly appreciated.

I think you file where you originally filed. They may decide to forward it to NYC tooor it may remain there, waiting for FPs, name checks and all. This is my guess.

I think that you file any 485 application first at the National center unless told by your lawyer to do otherwise. avi101 is right, if they think that your spouse's case needs to be transfered to the local office (that is what they will do anyway since your case is at the local office) then you will be notified.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks Avi101, puerthoughts

The confusing thing is that my lawyer didn't seem sure (he initially thought that we need to file at NYC and then changed answer to CSC).

I asked 1 more immigration lawyer (through an aquentance) and the response was to file at NSC or at Chicago (???).

confusion... confusion...

NY,
From my understanding, it goes to local office in final stage (after other checks are completed) and they want to make sure that your case is legitimate. Dependents go through the FP, name check and medical process too and the notices for these are sent by the main center (not local office). So it has to be either CSC (your original center) or whatever center NYC falls under (is this NSC or VSC?).

You may want to send an email to Mathew Oh (www.immigration-law.com) or send an email to Rajiv to confirm.

Perhaps you may want to call CSC directly and speak to a immigration office and get their input too.