Where to file I-130&I-864

Immi2001

Registered Users (C)
Should I file I-130 and I-864 to one of the four INS service centers or just to the local INS district office?

Thanks a lot

Immi2001

you need to give more specific details when you post your question.

I am going to answer this based on 2 assumptions.

1. Your spouse is in the US.
or
2. your spouse is overseas.

1. You can file the I130 , I485 , I864 , I693(medical) , G325A , I765(EAD) and other supporting documents to the local district office.

2. If your spouse is overseas you need to file the I130 at a service center and wait till that I130 is approved for futher action. Do note I130 application adjudications vary from 6 months to 2 years.

HTH

Originally posted by Immi2001
Should I file I-130 and I-864 to one of the four INS service centers or just to the local INS district office?

Thanks a lot

Immi2001

Re: Re: Where to file I-130&I-864

Originally posted by sachinphadke

2. If your spouse is overseas you need to file the I130 at a service center and wait till that I130 is approved for futher action. Do note I130 application adjudications vary from 6 months to 2 years.

HTH

If the spouse is overseas then check whether you can apply for I-130 in your country. I Know in New Delhi India and London UK they accept it. Within six months person can enter US with green card. This is only for parents and spouse of the US citizens.

Thanks for the information. I will file I-485 for my parents after they come to the US as B-2 visitors. My parents will stay with me, so I'll file their I-485 to the local district office here in Missouri. However I'm not the one to file I-130 for them (I'm not a citizen yet). My brother will do it and he lives in California. In that case, should he file I-130 to the district office in California and them send me the approval notice or just mail his I-130 and I-864 to me and I put them together with I-485 and other form to the local office here in Missouri?

Thanks a lot

Pl. see form I130 instructions available at www.uscis.gov,
Immigration forms,I130.
Where should you file this form?
It states:
'If you reside in the US,file this form at the INS service center having jurisdiction over your place of residence'
If the petitioner lives in california,it is California servcie center.
Further, it notes:
'NOTE: If the I-130 petition is being filed CONCURRENTLY with form I-485,submit both forms at the local INS office having jurisdiction over the place where the I-485 applicant resides.
Applicant who reside in the jurisdiction of the Baltimore MD,Dist. office should submit I130 petition and the form 485 concurrently
to VSC'.

Petitoners living abroad:
If you live outside US,you may file your elative petition at the INS office overseas or the US consulate or embassy having
the jurisdiction where you live.Contact nearest american embassy.

Just a friendly advice

Per some attorneys CIS is taking serious view about coming on visitors visa and applying for immigrant visa. You may face serious problem at the time interview for laying about intent. Just talk to some attorney before making such decision.