Where the I-551 Plastic Card Process does takes place?

getmeout

Registered Users (C)
Where the I-551 Plastic Card Process does takes place?
Because I can see some service center people getting in 10 weeks & other waiting for months

Any idea?

Process after stamping

Here are the procedures.

1) The Local Field Office fills and prints out the copy 3 of the Form I-181(Memorandum of Creation of Record of Lawful Permanent Residence) and completes the processing. I am informed that a I-181 welcome letter is sent at this stage. Your status will be changed to “Completed.”

2) Copy 3 of Form I-181 will be sent to one of the five green card production printer facility (there is six printer devises but one only do EADs) called "ICPS (Integrated Card Production System) printer devises" located in Kentucky, Nebraska, or Vermont for issuance of the plastic card. None in California-high costs to manufacture there I presume. This information is from a GAO 03-135 report (Nov. 2002) regarding ICPS so I think it is up-to-date. Then your status will change to “Card Ordered.”

3) After the card is manufactured in one of these facilities. Then your status should change to “Card Mailed.” The ICPS facility probally does not have your I-485 file, so its important that AR-11 is done when you change address or the ICPS printer devises will mail it out to your former address in the national computer.

Dear Friends, who received card or received mail that card has ordered, Could you please write me after PS how many times your LUD changed before getting email taht Card has ordered?

We did our PS on 07/15/2004 in Pittsburgh approved our case AD: 07/08
and LUD changed 07/22 and 07/23. Usually how long it takes to PC.
Thanks
Jayaram

AR-11 has nothing to do with changing of address with USCIS. If you move, you will have to call 800 number to get your address changed at USCIS. Filing of AR-11 is mandatory every time you change your address. But, again, this does not change your address in USCIS systems.

If you move after receiving plastic, you don't have to call USCIS but you still have to file AR-11. Don't forget to keep a proof of AR-11 filing (certified mail receipt etc.)

Mayfly said:
Here are the procedures.

1) The Local Field Office fills and prints out the copy 3 of the Form I-181(Memorandum of Creation of Record of Lawful Permanent Residence) and completes the processing. I am informed that a I-181 welcome letter is sent at this stage. Your status will be changed to “Completed.”

2) Copy 3 of Form I-181 will be sent to one of the five green card production printer facility (there is six printer devises but one only do EADs) called "ICPS (Integrated Card Production System) printer devises" located in Kentucky, Nebraska, or Vermont for issuance of the plastic card. None in California-high costs to manufacture there I presume. This information is from a GAO 03-135 report (Nov. 2002) regarding ICPS so I think it is up-to-date. Then your status will change to “Card Ordered.”

3) After the card is manufactured in one of these facilities. Then your status should change to “Card Mailed.” The ICPS facility probally does not have your I-485 file, so its important that AR-11 is done when you change address or the ICPS printer devises will mail it out to your former address in the national computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
goodsaint said:
Filing of AR-11 is mandatory every time you change your address. But, again, this does not change your address in USCIS systems.

Just to add with whatever mentioned above, AR-11 is not an USCIS form. It's DHS form.

Jayaram said:
Dear Friends, who received card or received mail that card has ordered, Could you please write me after PS how many times your LUD changed before getting email taht Card has ordered?

We did our PS on 07/15/2004 in Pittsburgh approved our case AD: 07/08
and LUD changed 07/22 and 07/23. Usually how long it takes to PC.
Thanks
Jayaram
Hey Jayaram

As far as I know it typically happen 3 times, before you see the physical card in your mail.

now that you are stamped in your passport, it is as good as your gc except may be you might need transit visas while travel for most countries. (if you have the actual GC this transit visa thing is not required).

so just relax and get on with life, enough of worries already, just chill out, one of these days you will have it in your mail box.

check out USCIS.gov website and click on Green Card link to understand the complete details regarding GC. (if you have done it already, great.)

Good Luck and Cheers
Golu

GOING TO MEXICO- OK?

Is it ok to go to Ensenada Mexico with just my stamped passport? :confused: