Where does NVC stop CP processing for Priority Date to be current?

lcrusader

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guru's,

My I140 was approved and we received a letter that the case was sent to Department of State. Once the case is received by NVC, there are a series of steps involved which finally lead to Packet 4/Appointment at consulate.

Due to the recent priority date fiasco, I am beginning to wonder if my case at NVC will move any further till the date becomes current. At what point will the NVC stop processing my case? Will I get DS-3032, Packet 3 etc?

It has been a month since my I140 was approved and I haven't heard from NVC about my case.

Thanks
Ravi

NVC Qualifying date

Hi Guru's,

My I140 was approved and we received a letter that the case was sent to Department of State. Once the case is received by NVC, there are a series of steps involved which finally lead to Packet 4/Appointment at consulate.

Due to the recent priority date fiasco, I am beginning to wonder if my case at NVC will move any further till the date becomes current. At what point will the NVC stop processing my case? Will I get DS-3032, Packet 3 etc?

It has been a month since my I140 was approved and I haven't heard from NVC about my case.

Thanks
Ravi

I guess retrogression has nothing to do with NVC processes but for granting VISA at the Consulate. NVC has something called qualifying date and this is different from the Priority date (of LC). Once your PD matches their QD (qualifying date) NVC generates DS 3032,VISA fee bill, Packet 3, review Packet 3, informs DOS about the Case, forwards to foreign consulate. NVC job ends there. Then the consulate generates Packet 4, conducts interview, issues VISA. Hope this helps.

Thank you WillWin. So, is there a way to check for the current qualifying date within the NVC? Is there a website for DOS/NVC? I have never heard of this date so far.

Thanks
Ravi

What date is QD - qualified date?

WillWin great information. I have similar questions. I am waiting for my packet 3 from NVC; as per their automated response system they sent the packet and my alwyer's office is yet to receive it.

Once the fee bill is generated or after Packet 3 is reviewed and informed DoS abt packet 3 review?

-thanks
Chak.

Hi,
My I-140 was approved in April 07 and we received packet 3 last week. We've sent it off. It will be intersting to see when we receive packet4 from the consulate now.

I think you will receive packet 3 soon, but packet 4 is going to be the challenge.

Can you give Certificates that need to be sent along?

Hi,
My I-140 was approved in April 07 and we received packet 3 last week. We've sent it off. It will be intersting to see when we receive packet4 from the consulate now.

I think you will receive packet 3 soon, but packet 4 is going to be the challenge.

Hey, Can you tell me what are the certificates that need to be sent along with Form 230? I got mine today and will be sending it back this week end. Also, do you get Form 230 or should that be downloaded from website?

Thanks for your help!

on same boat

Dear all,

It seems to me that we are on the same boat.

My I140 was approved two weeks ago and my lawyer told me that I have to wait for the fee bill to start the CP process. I do not understand the CP procedure. I appreciate very much if any of you could contribute one cent to the following questions, which could help me understand the CP procedure:

1. How long does it take to get the fee bill?

2. My lawyer has made a request to the NVC, asking for the fee bill. Does this mean that my CP (or NVC) process has been initialised?

3. If the bill has not come until after August 17, will my NVC process be stopped ( or my CP process cannot start if not started yet) since all cut-off dates are unavailable after that date?

4. How to access the automated response system which chaks7 mentioned in his reply?

5. How to find out the qualifying date which Willwin mentioned in his reply?

6. If one submit his I485 in this one month (assuming his I140 was approved already), he will not be affected by nex t month's Visa Bulltein. Is it the same for the CP? i.e if the NVC is initialized, will it be affected by next month visa bulletin?

Huge thanks for any feedback!

TR

Willwin, You just fill out DS 230 Part 1 and 2 and add a copy of the biographic data page of your current passport. If your attorney is doing this for you, they will attach the first page of the letter they they received from NVC (the one with the bar code on it) and send it back.

Here's a link to download the DS 230:
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf.

Hope this helps.

Dear all,

My I140 was approved two weeks ago and my lawyer told me that I have to wait for the fee bill to start the CP process. I do not understand the CP procedure. I appreciate very much if any of you could contribute one cent to the following questions, which could help me understand the CP procedure:

2. My lawyer has made a request to the NVC, asking for the fee bill. Does this mean that my CP (or NVC) process has been initialised?

3. If the bill has not come until after August 17, will my NVC process be stopped ( or my CP process cannot start if not started yet) since all cut-off dates are unavailable after that date?

4. How to access the automated response system which chaks7 mentioned in his reply?

6. If one submit his I485 in this one month (assuming his I140 was approved already), he will not be affected by nex t month's Visa Bulltein. Is it the same for the CP? i.e if the NVC is initialized, will it be affected by next month visa bulletin?

TR
TR,

I am just as confused as you and feel like kicking myself for opting for CP. In my case the fee bill came in 2 months' time and after a month we recieved packet3. Your question # 6 is a good one. In my understanding, when the consulate receives your case from NVC, your PD should be current for them to give you an appointment. So, in all our cases, we have to watch and wait.

Hang in there.

Thanks EB1_2007

Willwin, You just fill out DS 230 Part 1 and 2 and add a copy of the biographic data page of your current passport. If your attorney is doing this for you, they will attach the first page of the letter they they received from NVC (the one with the bar code on it) and send it back.

Here's a link to download the DS 230:
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf.

Hope this helps.

Thank you EB1_2007.

Should I send Form 230 part II as well? I thought that should be filled/signed at Chennai consulate. Also, biographic pages from passport - what pages are these? 1st two pages? Sorry if this question is stupid. Please clarify.

Thank you EB1_2007.

Should I send Form 230 part II as well? I thought that should be filled/signed at Chennai consulate. Also, biographic pages from passport - what pages are these? 1st two pages? Sorry if this question is stupid. Please clarify.
Fill out Part 2, but don't sign. There is a sentence that says "Do not write below the following line" or something of the sort, so don't fill that section and don't sign.

The page with your photograph is the biographic page.

Hope this helps.

I-824 and CP Process

Like everyone else my I-140 is approved on Nov 06, tempararily I've been transfered to Canada on work, now that PD is current I believe I can not apply for AOS just becaus I am outside US.

So my lawer gave me an option to start CP, and I-824 is filed for CP got my recipt number and I believe Montreal Canada is the only place they do CP

Question is:

1. How long I-824 process normaly takes
2. How long NVC takes to send my appliction to Montreal Canada
3. Do I need to wait for I-824 process to complete for the next step
4. WHat is the normal procedure for I-824 and consular process in Montrel

Thanks,
~B

That was a quick response EB1_2007

Fill out Part 2, but don't sign. There is a sentence that says "Do not write below the following line" or something of the sort, so don't fill that section and don't sign.

The page with your photograph is the biographic page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I read in "immihelp" that India is a Standard Review Consulate for which the additional documents (like Birth certificate, marriage certificate etc) need not be sent and instead be carried along for the interview. Looks like only Form 230 need to be sent. Is that right?

Here is that link:

http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/instructions-for-immigrant-visa-applicants.html

Exact same boat

Dear all,

TR

Hi,

I am in the exact same boat. My I-140 got approved 2 weeks ago in EB2.
What will be the first step and when? Will I receive a DS-2032 or it will be the fee bill?

Zolt

Hi,

I am in the exact same boat. My I-140 got approved 2 weeks ago in EB2.
What will be the first step and when? Will I receive a DS-2032 or it will be the fee bill?

Zolt
Zolt,
You will receive fee-bill, after which you will send out the DDs(your attorney will doo all this), then you will receive the DS-230 (Packet3) followed by Packet4 from the Consulate.

Thanks, EB1_2007

Thanks for all valuble information.

Here are what I understand from this thread:

1. USCIS will send my I140 approval to the NVC (do not know how long it takes?)

2. After the NVC receives the approval, the NVC will initialise the CP process if the cut-off dates are current, like what is now. NVC will send me (lawyer) the DS-230 (part I and II) and the fee bill etc. Do not know how long it takes for this to happen (two months from the date of I140 approval)?

4. Then the so-called packet 4 will arrive and a consulate appointment follows.

3. One thing not sure is: at what stage, I will not need to look at the visa bulletin?

Many thanks.

TR

First steps

Zolt,
You will receive fee-bill, after which you will send out the DDs(your attorney will doo all this), then you will receive the DS-230 (Packet3) followed by Packet4 from the Consulate.

Thanks EB1_2007,

I do not have an attorney and I am out of the country.

Will I get a DS-3032 (Choice of address or agent) form first or it will be the fee bill?

i also had a recent 140 approval and was able to confirm that it reached NVC from their 24 hour automated answering line using the cis receipt number.

i believe the 3032 and fee bill will reach the attorney - curious how much time is it took for others ?

also had a question about I-864 in the packet 3 requirements -
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html

- do i need to retrieve tax records from irs for this ? how many years ?
- do i need to document assets in addition to income ?
(i have no dependants and filed under eb2)

thanks for any clarification.