When Will The Madness End???????

camberiu

Registered Users (C)
NSC claims that they have received my response for a RFE (asking to prove that I had a valid visa in the USA from 1996-1998) on May 13th. I saw LUD changes until May 18th and then NOTHING. It simply died. I've been waiting for ths GC for almost 5 years now (EB3, I am from a non-retrogressed country). My I-140 was approved early last year and I am now waiting for the I-485 to be approved so that I can finally have long term plans for my life and leave my exploiting employer.

Anyone has any idea how long it takes to get approved once NCS gets the reponse for the RFE? It seems that for some people, it only takes a couple of days, while for others it takes years. Anyone knows the logic behind it? The wait is trully disrupting my personal live, my work, everything. I keep checking my email box every ten minutes hoping for the approval email. This is torture......

Last edited by a moderator:
camberiu said:
NSC claims that they have received my response for a RFE (asking to prove that I had a valid visa in the USA from 1996-1998) on May 13th. I saw LUD changes until May 18th and then NOTHING. It simply died. I've been waiting for ths GC for almost 5 years now (EB3, I am from a non-retrogressed country). My I-140 was approved early last year and I am now waiting for the I-485 to be approved so that I can finally have long term plans for my life and leave my exploiting employer.

Anyone has any idea how long it takes to get approved once NCS gets the reponse for the RFE? It sees that for some people, it only takes a couple of days, while for others it takes years. Anyone knows the logic behind it? The wait is trully disrupting my personal live, my work, everything. I keep cheing my email box every ten minutes hoping for the approval email. This is torture......

Donot worry .. Every things will be fine. Give then some more time to your case after RFE. Ever case is diffrent. All the best for your.

You can leave your exployting employer anytime even now.. with your EAD. right ?

tilu said:
Donot worry .. Every things will be fine. Give then some more time to your case after RFE. Ever case is diffrent. All the best for your.

You can leave your exployting employer anytime even now.. with your EAD. right ?

Technically, yes. However, I work in a very specialized field and I understand that any other job I get MUST be similar to the one I am currently doing, right? If that is the case, my other employment options are quite limited right now.

camberiu said:
Technically, yes. However, I work in a very specialized field and I understand that any other job I get MUST be similar to the one I am currently doing, right? If that is the case, my other employment options are quite limited right now.
True -- you need same/similar job for AC-21 portability.

But do remember that you can't change employers/field of work drastically just after getting approval -- it would lead to screw-ups down the road !!

max2k1 said:
True -- you need same/similar job for AC-21 portability.

But do remember that you can't change employers/field of work drastically just after getting approval -- it would lead to screw-ups down the road !!

I would like to take my chances. I don't care about US citizenship at this point. I never expected having pay such a miserable price to live here. This whole process made my bitter, scornful and cynical. I feel like I've sold 5 years of my life, my soul, for this stupid green card. I don't give up right now simply because I feel like I've invested too much time and energy on this already. But any employment based immigrant has to literaly carry a cross for many years to become a permanent citizen. It is a true test of endurance and perseverance.

That is why I get so pissed off when I hear some rednecks saying that immigrands get everything handed out to them. I wish some of these rednecks would spend ONE month working as hard as I do, while getting paid as little as I am, and without any other option but to leave the US and waiting indefinily for a resolution.

dishearting

It is really dishearting to read about the feelings expressed here. One thing one could in these situations of GC complexities is to control the controllables and leave the uncontrollables to take their course. i.e., Make sure you have good skill sets and education and knowledge to handle the changing requirements for the workforce in the country.
Take calcualted risks and never become slave to anything...it is dangerous addiction. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Good luck on GC.

camberiu,

Whats your PD. May be your application is ready to be approved but the PD is not current

I am in a similar situation like you. My case has been pending at NSC for more than 2 years. Without the actual Green Card you can't reallly do anything. Althought AC21 helps but this is not the final goal. I have been a victim of some ignorant USCIS officers who don't really know the implications of AC21 and denied my case by mistake .Now I have to wait

IL_LABOR said:
I am in a similar situation like you. My case has been pending at NSC for more than 2 years. Without the actual Green Card you can't reallly do anything. Althought AC21 helps but this is not the final goal. I have been a victim of some ignorant USCIS officers who don't really know the implications of AC21 and denied my case by mistake .Now I have to wait

That sucks. Have they at least sent you a RFE yet?

No, I have not received any RFE. They did reopen my case based on a MOTIC for which I had to spend another $2000 from my pocket. We are paying a heavy price for this green card. Don't know whether it is worth all that pain or not.

CAMBURIU: What`s your PD?
We don`t see many people in here from Brazil. Where are they?

Last edited by a moderator: