When will the Certificate be returned?

ix470001

Registered Users (C)
I got my US passport and card two weeks ago, just wondering experiences on how long they will return the naturatization certificate?

Hi ix470001,

Just wondering how many days it took in total to receive the certificate back, I've received my pp and card on 10/30/12, still waiting
on certificate and I'm from Dallas, TX, appreciate ur response.

Thanks
LL

Thanks Guys, I finally received our certificates back, here is what happened PO has mailed on 11/01/12, apparently our mailman left them in someone's mail box in the neighborhood, the good neighbor dropped today in my mail box with a note attached, Its very surprising to see such important documents are mailed just in first class mail without any tracking which seems to be ridiculous why can't they charge $5 more and put tracking to it. with all the identity theft going on in the world.. don't u think tracking seems to be essential ..I guess it takes time to these agencies to change any process...okay this is my rant..enjoy ur day all.

Thx
LL

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Good to have nice nieghbors.

I agree, for such a important document and expensive to replace, I'm willing to pay extra to make sure it's delivered back to me and not be lost.

Hello, is it a must that you have to mail the original copy of your naturalization certificate to get passport processed?
Also, why do you get both a passport and a passport card? What is the difference between the two?
Thank you!

I received my passport on July 20th 2015 and still waiting for naturalization certificates. It's been a one month now, they didn't return my naturalization certificates which I have submitted on May 27th 2015 along with my passport documents, I made number of call to national passport center customers center but I am not getting any help from them. I am filing I-130 petition for my mother where I have to give my naturalization no and I don't have single copy of my naturalization certificates. If anyone been through this kind of situation please share with me . Please help . Thank you in advance.

I am filing I-130 petition for my mother where I have to give my naturalization no and I don't have single copy of my naturalization certificates. If anyone been through this kind of situation please share with me . Please help . Thank you in advance.
Your valid passport is sufficient for I-130.

Thank you for your quick respond but what makes me worried here is if I can't give number of my naturalization in form I 130 then they may be denied my application . In form I 130 , column 13 they clearly ask that [ if you are U.S. Citizens by birth or by naturalization. If naturalization then give certificates number and date and place of issuance]. Doesn't it okay to leave blank ? What should I write in that column 13?