When will NSC progress with I-140 ?

hopeofgc

Registered Users (C)
There is absolutely no progress with NSC w.r.t I-140 processing. It is really frustating to see the same dates on the USCIS web site for NSC. We are not relieved until we are thru with I-140.

God only knows when they will make progress.

All,
I dont think NSC is going to advance the published dates. There is no incentive for them to do so and actually there is incentive for them not to do this. Second, I dont think this matters. What matters is that we see activity on rupnet or other sites and we see something going on. Just hope and pray. No point getting frustrated over the dates.

yeah, i agree with bbw. we see nbc is processing some sep & oct 140 cases. they haven't updated the processing time doesn't mean they are not processing any cases after 8/31/03. we should expect the worst but hope the best. since we have been waiting for almost a year, we can hold on for few more month.

I was an Oct '03 140/485 concurrent filer.
Got approved Nov 24, '04 after 1 RFE (Oct '04).
So they're working on yours right now.

I am one of the Sep '03 filers. Can anyone tell why cases like mine are not approved when they approve Oct and Nov filers ?

One strange thing about mine was - I applied for EAD and AP renewal in Aug 16th of this year. AP is approved, but not EAD. It has been more than 3 months now. Is this usual ?

bmt74 said:
One strange thing about mine was - I applied for EAD and AP renewal in Aug 16th of this year. AP is approved, but not EAD. It has been more than 3 months now. Is this usual ?
It's not usual. Did you try to get interim EAD in local INS office? It could be RFE issued then EAD is on hold.

voldemarv,

I agree, it is unusual. Chances of RFE on my EAD renewal application are very slim. It can not be on photographs (like most people get) because I sent clear color copies as per the new rule. Also, I sent color copy of passport etc....I took every possible step to avoid RFE's.

I was thinking the reason could be different, maybe they are about to approve my I-140 and I-485 together sometime soon, so why approve EAD ?.

I am not in a hurry to use EAD, so I did not plan on getting interim EAD. Guys, please post your thoughts, if you had a similar experience.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean RFE on 485 or 140. I heard stories, when people discover that RFE was issued only when trying to get interim EAD.

I highly suspect an RFE in I-140 or 485 will hold up the EAD. Don't you think they are 2 separate lines ?.

My other guess is that my case is stuck under a "lazy" officer's desk.

Others, comments please.

amazing

It is amazing to see folks filed in later 2003 and early 2004 scrambling while folks from 2001 and 2002 are still waiting...

By the way, does anyone know what happened to the petition that was submitted about the delays in I-140 processing ?. It happened about 2 or 3 months ago. Many people signed online.

bmt74 said:
By the way, does anyone know what happened to the petition that was submitted about the delays in I-140 processing ?. It happened about 2 or 3 months ago. Many people signed online.

No updates after submission of I-140 petition. I guess NSC is least bothered abt the petition. In other words, nothing happened............no outcome. Infact, it is getting more worse and worse as the day passes by.

aws, are there any updates about I-140 petition for NSC?

after a loooooooooong time

hopeofgc said:
No updates after submission of I-140 petition. I guess NSC is least bothered abt the petition. In other words, nothing happened............no outcome. Infact, it is getting more worse and worse as the day passes by.

aws, are there any updates about I-140 petition for NSC?

i did contact monica @ 2 weeks back with the same Qs that you had and she replied me stating that since there was no response to the 1st submission, they were planning to re-submit again to them.

my feeling is that those folks don't give our petition a "sh**" and we just have to wait for our time to come.... :mad:

question about NSC update

Can anyone explain what this means in the NSC update news flash?

"
Bringing the processing time of concurrent I-140/I-485 cases into line
The center is working to bring the processing time of concurrent I-140/I-485 cases into line with that for stand-alone I-140s. Some of the recently trained officers have started dealing with I-485 cases that has slowed the I-140 processing.

"

from http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nsc112504.html

HairTurnedWhite

I Liked your Screen Name!!!!
Anyway, I guess what this means is that NSC is trying to process the Concurent 140s/485s cases to bing them to a current date, which I believe they have always been "Trying" to do. So this update in the strictest sense - does mot mean a whole lot.

Ticking Away.....The Moments that make up a Dull Day