When will I recv Finger print letter

rishabh50

Registered Users (C)
I had filed for my I-140 & 485 in July 2004 and I got my EAD in August end. When will I get the letter for finger printing.

How much is the wait time before I get the appointment letter?

Please let me know.

I applied for I-485 in Oct 2003 and haven't received my FP notice yet.
BTW which service center did you apply from?

I think it all depends on where you right now ( or whatever address USCIS has).
It seems most of peple who got their first FP are living in the less densely populated areas. My guess is local BCIS centers are not loaded with work.

But still question is.. does getting a FP now is a key to earlier 485 approval? or like 2002 cases they would be asked again for FP2 some time later?

According to murthy, USCIS's policy is not to send FP unless 485 file is ready for adjudication but looking at bulf FP being sent, I doubt this theory. Any takers..??

When will I received a FP notice?

We filed the I-485 back on April 2002 and have applied 3 times for EAD and Travel Permit.

My last travel permit was approved on May 2004 but I never received it in the mail. BCIS phone customer support is a waste of time since they do not provide any straight forward answers and then they tell you to wait another 60 days to see what happens. The company's lawyer adviced to apply for another one... This makes it the 4th time.

When will I receive my FP notice?
This process seems to be taking for ever and I am not getting any younger... :(

I too am confused about this. Some people get FP notice within 1 month, others dont get it for 1-2 years. Mine I-485 ND is Jan 2004. (I-140 approved, semi concurrent filing). But no FP yet. Vermont center, located in Philadelphia. If anyone knows, please reply.

BTW we received our first FP notices on the 9/20/2004 scheduled for 10/21/2004.

I-140 EB2 NSC RD 10/7/2003 AD ??????????
On the 8th year H1-B extension getting ready for the 9th year extension
I485 RD 11/21/2003 AD ???????????
FP1 Received on 9/20/2004

Anyone with FP notice for ND-11/03

Did anyone receive FP notice with 485 ND around 11/15/03? Is there a reason to be concerned or is it a little too early? Any approximate time-frames when I should expect it?

Thanks in advance.

I think ppl get their FP notice fast if they filed at NSC concurrently sometime in the last 6 months. I got my FP notice from VSC even though I filed my 140/485 at NSC. I live in MD.

I just filed for my I-485. My ND is 09/03/2004. I checked my status on the USCIS/BCIS website yesterday and they have dispatched my fingerprint notice on 09/23/2004. So, that's less than 3 weeks.

I live in Northern California, so the theory of getting late FP notices in densely populated areas may not be true. Obviously my notice is from CSC.

On line status updated, but no notice received yet

Gurus,
Please reply if you have same experience.

My on line status says that a notice has been sent to me on 17th September for finger printing, but I did not received any notice so far. Is it usual ? Should I wait for some more days ?

1004immi

2004immi said:
Gurus,
Please reply if you have same experience.

My on line status says that a notice has been sent to me on 17th September for finger printing, but I did not received any notice so far. Is it usual ? Should I wait for some more days ?

1004immi

Can you tell us your RDs/I-140 status/Service center/EB2 or EB3?

Thanks.

Thats surprising. You are the first person(EB3) that I know who got FP notice in such a short duration.

One more question. Did you file in CSC?

I filed in last week of July, I haven't received my FP notice. Mine is EB3, I filed in CSC.

Good luck to you.