When will i receive FP notice - vermont center

bju

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Urgent... please

My I-485 application has been mailed on september 13th to Vermont service center. I haven't yet received a receipt notice or FP notice. Since my company said(they don't have a lawyer) there is no problem in travelling after 485 filing, i booked my tickets to India for Oct 26th and my wife is returning only on Jan 28th. But i heard that FP notice comes quickly now.

Can anyone tell from your experience approximately when would i receive my receipt and FP notices?.

Once i received my FP notice, i think i can go to the INS offcie.

Will it be advisable to postpone FP to first week of February?

Also what is meant by ND?. What does it mean if it is notice date?

thanks
bju

Its true that we are receiving FP Notice very fast...Usually less than a month

If U get it before 26th Oct, U shud get UR FP done at UR local INS by visiting them directly...
Most of the INS allow people to do there FP earlier..

If U do not get it done before U leave, U might be able to postpone it too..
I am not sure, how long U can postpone it...

Probably somebody can answer that...

usually they will inform one month in advance . Moreover it is not advisible stay longer time out of the country while u r 485 is in processing . better avoid journey as much as possible unless it is very urgent. since ur I-94 number will change it may create problem for you . this is what i heard from

bju

Dont mean to scare you, but be very careful.

Earlier VSC notice used to give you an option to reschedule the appointment, if you could not keep the appointment they scheduled. And it used to warn you that if you dont appear or dont reschedule, by the given appointment date your case will be considered as abandoned.

But now I believe they have taken off the rescheduling option, now they give you a 90 days window within which you have to do the FP, you can go on any specific day of the week the notice says within 90 days, if within that period you dont do the FP, your case will be considered as abandoned.

So make sure what kind of Notice you get, if its the old notice you can reschedule, but if its the newer version than YOU HAVE TO DO THE FP within that 90 days period.

The best option is Wait for the notice, get the FP done than go abroad.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone.

Sivak_c, are you aware of any potential problems since the I-94 number is changing after travelling abroad? Do you know any case like that. I was wondering many people travels like that and how do they face problems later? Any ideas

July16, do you know if the new FP notice is state specific?. I am from minnesota.

thanks

bju

Each state has a different Notice, not sure about Minnesota, maybe anyone from Minnesota can reply.