When USCIS initiates name check?

vic_m

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know when USCIS initiates name check?
I've heard different opinons: some people said that it's submitted right upon document reception in the mail room even before case number is assigned, other people said that it's submitted after fingerprints were cleared by FBI.
I've sent email to USCIS asking for name check request date but they said they didn't have this information on their computer and the they could only confirm that name check was in fact sent to FBI.
I believe USCIS has pretty standard procedure as far as when to send name check requests. Probably those folks who managed to get email reply from FBI could actually answer this question. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok

OK, I sent email to FBI and recd responses (2 of them)

USCIS recd my case 03/04/2003
Namecheck was submitted to FBI 03/20/2003

pending till now...

Not from india or china, been in US for 3 years in H1B.

slt said:
OK, I sent email to FBI and recd responses (2 of them)

USCIS recd my case 03/04/2003
Namecheck was submitted to FBI 03/20/2003

pending till now...

Not from india or china, been in US for 3 years in H1B.

Thanks, buddy. What country are you from? I'm Ukrainian but I was born in Egypt (thus I'm a subject to "special registration" with USCIS since Jan 2002). Not sure if the country of origin itself triggers a "hit" though.

i'm

i'm ukrainian and was born in ukraine :) what a coincidence :) well, looks like this has no influence on namecheck whatsoever

name check is initiated soon after i-485 filing, mine was initiated on oct 21, 2003, pending since then, and i-485 RD is sept 25, 2003 (one month before);
my FP was only a year later, oct 25, 2004....

Compass:

How do you know your name check was initiated on oct 21, 2003? Where can I find that information?

Thanks.

compass said:
you can write e-mail to FBI and ask, they reply after approx 6 months

Could you provide the email address for me to ask name check request date?

Thanks!