When to get Medical done ...pls help

Cainfo

Registered Users (C)
We have our interview in June. Is it alright to get Medical done a couple of days before the scheduled interview date or does it have to be done well in advance....

Thanks

Cainfo

My personal opinion would be to do the Medicals atleast 3 weeks in advance. By the time the Medical reports are sent to the Canadian Center( I don't know the right name of this center, but this is what the physician told me) in Canada and by the time the Center updates the Consulate, where you are getting interviewed it would atleast be a couple of weeks.

Because right after your interview is done and if the medical reports were also received by the Consulate they would immediately let you know that everything is in order and that your visa is approved.

By the time of the interview if they haven't received your Medicals then they would wait for the records to come in before approving your application even if your interview is a success.

This is based on what I heard from people who had applied for Canadian PR and also my personal experience.

FYI, We did the medicals on the 29th December and the Consulate received our reports during the 3rd week of January 2004 and we had our interview in the First week of February 2004.

DA

Cainfo said:
We have our interview in June. Is it alright to get Medical done a couple of days before the scheduled interview date or does it have to be done well in advance....

Thanks

Hello Jalabalajings,

how do we know that our medical reports are received by the consulate ? We did our medicals on 16th April and I want to find out if they already receieved my medical reports.

thanks.

busybe

Busybe,

You can't for sure know that if your medical reports are received by consulate or not. But since u did your medicals on the 16th April, the consulate by this time should have received your medical reports. This is only my asumption.

You could also called the Physician's office from where you did the medicals and ask them the date when your medical reports was forwarded.

Other than this, you can request for CAIPS notes which will indicate if the Consulate has received your medical records or not(This may take atleast 3 weeks though).

DA
busybe said:
Hello Jalabalajings,

how do we know that our medical reports are received by the consulate ? We did our medicals on 16th April and I want to find out if they already receieved my medical reports.

thanks.

Thanks for the reply Jalabalajings. I called yesterday to my doc , there was some receptionist and she said, since the doc is not there, she cannot answer this question. i will try calling him again.
Thanks again.

Medicals - redmond,wa area

--Any suggested place/physician to get the medicals in this area?
--approx. how much it cost?
--Will health insurance cover anything?