When the NVC completes your case do you get letter to say it is passed to embassy?

mark_mcloughlin

Registered Users (C)
When the NVC completes your case do you get letter to say it is passed to embassy, or does the letter go to the petitioner?

Thanks in advance for the reply. :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by mark_mcloughlin
When the NVC completes your case do you get letter to say it is passed to embassy, or does the letter go to the petitioner?

Thanks in advance for the reply. :confused: :confused:

Yes. You ( or your attorney ) ( not the petitionner) do get a letter saying that the process is completed at the NVC and case has been forwarded to the respective consulate.

You will also know this by calling the NVC automated voice system or by speaking to a representative there.

Raju

Case reaches Consulate, how to know?

Hi,

Another related question, how do you know when the case reached consulate? Usually it takes a week or so. What is the best time and tel?

CPDelhi: my case was sent to delhi on 6/12/2003, the time lines match with your's can I expect August date?

Another question, can I request early august date, as my children have to go to school in sep, will they consider this request, what are the chances?

Thanks in advance

Re: Case reaches Consulate, how to know?

Originally posted by abihitesh
Hi,

Another related question, how do you know when the case reached consulate? Usually it takes a week or so. What is the best time and tel?

The packet is sent by DHL and its takes about 4 to 5 working days to deliver once DHL has the packet in thier hands/system. You need to either call the consulate or e-mail them. There is a pretty good response to E-mails. Give your info(name, NVC number) in the brief e-mail to US consulate. The thread COnsular Processing (New Delhi) [http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=
]has phone number and e-mail address too.

CPDelhi: my case was sent to delhi on 6/12/2003, the time lines match with your's can I expect August date?

If your packet reaches US consulate before June 19, which it should, then an August interview is most likely. Otherwise surely in September.

Another question, can I request early august date, as my children have to go to school in sep, will they consider this request, what are the chances?

Nothing wrong in trying. They can only refuse.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Security Checks

The e-mail reply from the Consulate office said: "We understand that this is a lengthy and complicated processing. We are
still waiting for the necessary security check clearances for the
applicant's case before the interview is scheduled"

Is this normal, does anyone knows how long the security check takes?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Security Checks

Originally posted by GUZ CP
The e-mail reply from the Consulate office said: "We understand that this is a lengthy and complicated processing. We are
still waiting for the necessary security check clearances for the
applicant's case before the interview is scheduled"

Is this normal, does anyone knows how long the security check takes?

Thanks in advance.

This is not normal but we have seen cases where candidates
have been picked for security check upon the case reaching the
Consulate.

There is no fixed time line for completion of such security check.

It is difficult to say more without having more details. I have
a vague feeling you are attending a consulate in China.

Raju

Thanks Raju595, yes, my CP is in Guangzhou, China, every visa applicants in China is subject to name/security clearances before the interview. Does this procedure apply to India Cpers?

Originally posted by GUZ CP
Thanks Raju595, yes, my CP is in Guangzhou, China, every visa applicants in China is subject to name/security clearances before the interview. Does this procedure apply to India Cpers?

Only randomly and I believe this would be more likely in cases
where they have bypassed the NVC through the AC 140.

But security check takes place for all the applicants. At which
point this is taking place is changing in recent times. In our
cases I heard this took place as part of I-140 approval.

Goodluck.
Raju

That explains why the India Cpers can predict their interview timelines after NVC sent the files to the India Consulates. For all the visa cases in China, we can not predict how long this would take to conclude the security checks, I wonder why they only randomly conduct security checks on India Cpers?

Since mid 2002, Chinese Consulate doesn't accept AC 140, all visa applicants have to process thru NVC just like everyone else.

Thanks,

FYI:

It turned out that the petitioner got the letter from the NVC. Apparently on some form that the NVC get from the petitioner they can choose to get the letter.