When do I need to quit my job?

Ecu88

My husband is working in the USA (he is a US Citizen). I am currently working in my home country waiting for my application to be approved. Once my application is approved, do I need to quit my job before here first entering the United States to receive my green card?

Once I enter the USA, can I leave with the intention of finding a job from my home country and returning to the US with employment?

You don't ever need to quit your job -- you can work on your job from the US if your company allows. You can look for employment from anywhere.

You don't ever need to quit your job -- you can work on your job from the US if your company allows. You can look for employment from anywhere.
Thank you for your reply. I read in another thread "You may find it's hassle to just fly to the US to 'activate' the immigrant visa....and you can return properly when it suits you as long as it is less than a year after that trip".

Is this correct? I understand there is a concept of 'abandonment'. Would returning to my home country to tie up loose ends, e.g. property, moving and serving a notice period before returning to the US to join my husband be looked at as abandonment? In other words, is there a risk that my visa would be revoked by the above mentioned?