• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

When checking your status for the DV lottery 2012 try this...

babydiams

Registered Users (C)
on may 1st, at 12:01am EST i checked if i had won the lottery and i got the message "you have not been selected."

i had used the confirmation number, my last name, and the year i was born.

Pretty sad i decided to try again 10 minutes later thinking that the computer was maybe not up to date. and again i got the message "you have not been selected"

after checking 3 more times, my moral was way low. i told myself that i would check later on in the day.

and just out of nowhere something came to mind to check with my first name and middle name instead of using my family name just to see what would be the result.

I could not believe that when entering my first name, i just saw the notification letter telling me that i had been selected.

i just wanted to share it so you also try with your other names. who knows?

if it works for you , please report it here. i am glad that it helps you. Good luck to the rest of you who won the Lottery this year and to those who did not, do try again.

The American Dream is waiting for You, for I, for Us.:cool:

Signing out...

Last edited by a moderator:
on may 1st, at 12:01am EST i checked if i had won the lottery and i got the message "you have not been selected."

Pretty sad i decided to try again 10 minutes later thinking that the computer was maybe not up to date. and again i got the message "you have not been selected"

after checking 3 more times, my moral was way low. i told myself that i would check later on in the day.

and just out of nowhere something came to mind to check with my first name and middle name instead of using my family name just to see what would be the result.

I could not believe that when entering my first name, i just saw the notification letter telling me that i had been selected.

if it works for you , please report it here. i am glad that it helps you. Good luck to the rest of you who won the Lottery this year and to those who did not try again.

Signing out...

Congrats! Perhaps that is the way you may have entered your name on the online DV form (that is first name for surname). When did you sign up?

if it works for you , please report it here. i am glad that it helps you. Good luck to the rest of you who won the Lottery this year and to those who did not try again.

Signing out...

Congratulations. When did you apply ?

Congrats! Perhaps that is the way you may have entered your name on the online DV form (that is first name for surname). When did you sign up?

Thanks mate... yeah probably it s the way i have entered it in the DV form...
I signed up on Tuesday, October 5, 2010 around 12:05 pm EST.