When can I petition my Mother-in-law? my wife just received her GC approval.

Clink

I am a citizen and my wife just received her approval and stamp in her passport for GC. I believe that I can now sponsor/petition my Mother-in-Law...Is that true or do I need to wait? Also, Do I have to sponsor/petition her or does my wife need to do it?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

No Title

Well, you cant file any papers because she is your mother in law. After your wife becomes US citizen she can file petition for her mother. It should take 3 to 4 years from now.

Good luck

In Last Stage of GC- Can I get my wife after my GC as dependent

I am in my lsat stage of GC (I485). I plan to get married at the end of this year -girl in India(possibly will have my GC by then). Can I get my Wife as a dependent after my GC is approved?

No Title

In order for your wife to qualify for GC with you, she would have to be married with you before you did I-485. Now you have to wait for a while. If you file petition for her it will take about 5 years F2A. If she has BS degree she may qualify for work visa. She can try student visa.
Good Luck

No Title

In my view best thing is if you are still on H1 go get married and bring her with you before you gets your GC