When can I file a law suit?

OCEANID99

Registered Users (C)
I applied my I 485 in July, 2003, had the interview in August, 2005. I have been told my name check is still pending.... called 1-800, talked to congressman, wrote to Ombudsman.. Nothing came up.
I read from this forum that the law suit can be an effective way to get my green card. My question is when I can file the lawsuit. Is it two years after I had the interview or two years after I submitted I-485 application?

OCEANID99 said:
I applied my I 485 in July, 2003, had the interview in August, 2005. I have been told my name check is still pending.... called 1-800, talked to congressman, wrote to Ombudsman.. Nothing came up.
I read from this forum that the law suit can be an effective way to get my green card. My question is when I can file the lawsuit. Is it two years after I had the interview or two years after I submitted I-485 application?
You can file the law suit anytime but chances of success increases as more time passes by. You have been waiting for almost 3 years so I think you have a good case. By the way, your name check is submitted to FBI after your FP, so I guess your name check is pending since sometime in Nov 2003.

please email this to lou dobbs. he has segment after segmnet how people sue and get greencard before fbi name check is complete. how some friend of osama could get greencard this way. please tell him to stop saying you could be a terrorist or just say how wrong the waiting is. tell him to do something about it. do ask for more staff. for better computers that will things faster.

TheInquisitor said:
please email this to lou dobbs. he has segment after segmnet how people sue and get greencard before fbi name check is complete. how some friend of osama could get greencard this way. please tell him to stop saying you could be a terrorist or just say how wrong the waiting is. tell him to do something about it. do ask for more staff. for better computers that will things faster.

:confused: Sorry, What is lou dobbs? I just sent a letter to New York district office and tell them I will file a law compaint soon.