When can I do Premium Processing?

neelmanish

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My new employer has filed for H1B transfer last week under Regular Processing. I think the Receipt Notice should come in about 5 to 10 business days. Since I am seeing that the time for approval varies from 3 to 6 months, I would like to convert to Premium Processing as soon as possible. Can my employer send letter (with form and fees of $1,000) to USCIS for Premium Processing before receiving the Receipt Notice?

Please advise. Thanks,
Manish

It would be advisable to wait till you receive the Receipt Notice so that you can give its Number and enclose its copy along with the form and fees to convert to premium processing.

This will help them to track your original petition properly and convert it.

Are they even accepting Premium Processing requests now??? (i.e. If I apply today will i get a decision within 15 days). Also Ive heard that premium processing requests go through more scrutiny, is that true??

Thanks for any help.

Hobbes197 said:
Are they even accepting Premium Processing requests now??? (i.e. If I apply today will i get a decision within 15 days). Also Ive heard that premium processing requests go through more scrutiny, is that true??

Thanks for any help.

You can apply for Premium Processing any time.But your petition will be approved only effective from October 1, 2004 provided, there is quota still available.

You will get a decision within 15 days from the date USCIS issues the Receipt notice.This decision may be approval,RFE or denial.Any of these.

It is not correct that only premium processing cases undergo more scrutiny.The scrutiny of any type of petition is at the discretion of the officer if he has reason to believe if a case needs more attention, etc.

Thanks for the help GCChahiye. Everytime I call USCIS they either dont know the answer to this question or they say that they are not accepting premium applications. And to add to the chaos i seem to know more about this than my attorney, but ive got him to fill out my paperwork for the premium processing (already sent in the H1B application, receipt date May 25th TSC) and should hopefully be able to turn it in in the next day or two.

thanks again

Hobbes197 said:
Thanks for the help GCChahiye. Everytime I call USCIS they either dont know the answer to this question or they say that they are not accepting premium applications. And to add to the chaos i seem to know more about this than my attorney, but ive got him to fill out my paperwork for the premium processing (already sent in the H1B application, receipt date May 25th TSC) and should hopefully be able to turn it in in the next day or two.

Seems you have a lousy attorney.So make sure you go through all the paperwork properly and ensure everything is correct before sending it to USCIS.