What's the current attorney fee for GC?

Bingoo

Registered Users (C)
Can someone tell me what is the current attorney fee
for processing GC in NY? And, what does the fee cover?

Thanks in advance.

--Bingoo

Re: Re: What's the current attorney fee for GC?

Originally posted by JoeF

Every lawyer has different fees, and you would have to ask the particular lawyer what his fees cover.
We are in capitalism here, and verybody can charge what he feels he deserves. If he gets it is another question.

I'm sure he appreciated your helpful answer! i see now how you've managed to accumulate 3356 valuable postings....

Bingoo, a more constructive answer to your question would be ~ 5K (+/- 20%).

Wow! You really are one of those people who always need to get the last word in, eh?

You should probably change your user-id to master-of-the-obvious if it doesn't violate any db size constraints.

If the guy wanted a diatribe on the nature of a capitalistic society he would've asked for one....

Most of your replies seem to be highly condescending and borderline abusive.

I quoted 5K (+/- 20%) because I know at least 50 people who paid within this range to their lawyers. And yet again, it just encouraged you to rant on the competency of lawyers.

Seriously, maybe you should consider changing your real name to master-of-the-obvious.

As for me, I'm just going to ignore reading/replying to any of your postings.

No such thing as a fixed fee for GC

Each lawyer has their own fee. Some bill you based on hours. Therefore, there is no such thing as a fixed amount (or, fixed range). Each case could also take different turns based upon its own merits. However, some people will argue that there is a genaral range. Perhaps, 5k - 15K might apply for most GC cases.

No need to get excited about it.
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone I know, including my self has paid in the 5K range for the green card. This included both good and border-line lawyers. Sounds like a good range to me that was being offered.

"Originally posted by gb111
Most of your replies seem to be highly condescending and borderline abusive. "

Glad that I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

"The mistake you are making is to infer from your own experience to the general case. And all I'm saying is that you can't do that. End of story."

Where in my response did I say I was inferring from my personal experience?

It's simple. If I were buying a car I would ask people I know what they paid for a particular car and (assuming I found enough people who bought the car I was interested in) use this a starting point for negotiations.

This is not a question of inferring from my particular experience, rather inferring from a number of people using a variety of lawyers in my geographic area.

To me it's entirely logical to ask on this board how much people are paying. See whether I get a large enough number of people replying. See whether there are any trends developing in the answers; and use that to compare costs against the lawyers I am looking at.

How does one get a general consensus? By looking at peoples personal experiences.

Seems simple to me.

the fees do vary ...

My lawyer charged my company a total of Approx 6K with the filling fees .... my brother's company lawyers charge his company ~ 11K for the whole greencard !!!!

So it definitely varies .....but the usual for EB cases is around 5-7K ...

You Can Get Better Services for Less as well.

All of you are saying is same thing. It Depends.

But you need not to pay heavy fee for better service. Even well known attorny firms like Murthy.com may charge you less fee then any of your local attorney.

Our companys attorney is charging them lump-sum for each case and the attorney firm is doing pretty good job for the company. The way the firm has reduced the cost is that most of the time you deal with is the paralegal during filing your forms, answering your emails, phone calls etc. Attorney just sign the papers or Will talk to you if there is some tricky thing in there. Most of the cases are straight forward.

So before you hire an attorney, do your homework. Hire the best and pay the least possible.

for example : one of my friend wanted to change the attorney as he wanted to chage the employer after 180 days of I-485. The local attorney asked him approx. $4000 for the rest of the work, Murhty.com quoted him only $1500 for the rest of the process.

And he was telling me that murthy.com sounded more competent compared to the local attorney firm.

but the range I've heard from my friends is also around 5K even for good attorny's for Normal employement based Green Card process including Filing your Green Card paper, EAD paper, Advance Parole paper, reply any RFE. also including averaged out cost for labor and I-140 for the company.

Remember company usually bear the additional cost in Adverstising for RIR etc.

Last edited by a moderator: