WHAT'S NEXT? ASYLEE i-485

maca2005

Registered Users (C)
Asylum Granted 04/01/2002
Nd: 04/07/2003
FP: 07/14/2004 Code Unknown Beleive Is 2
FP: 10/15/2005 Code 3
Medical And Bio: 10/17/2005

Can Somebody Tell Me What Is The Next Step?

Last edited by a moderator:
maca2005 said:

I believe you are just a week away from the approval of GC. Unless they dont send you another RFE or RFI, you should be receiving the approval nptice within 2 weeks. So there is nothing else left to do now but to wait.

maca2005 said:

NEXT U'LL CHECK LUD .
I'M CHECKING MY LUD LIKE CRAZY .TWO MONTHS........STILL THE SAME.
WISH YOU GC ASAP ,LIKE IN A WEEKS , BUT DONT DREAM TO MUCH , IT CAN BE MUCH MUCH LONGER.
FYI :NOBODY HERE HAS BEEN APPROVED LATER THAN DEC 2002 SO FAR.
TAKE CARE

Yesterday met my friend who is an asylee and he showed invitation for BIO with Code 3. He filed his I-485 a few months ago. What does that mean?

Minsk said:
Yesterday met my friend who is an asylee and he showed invitation for BIO with Code 3. He filed his I-485 a few months ago. What does that mean?

Guys I did not get it !!! :confused:
ND 2005 getting aproved for GC :eek: is that true ?! while some people like wantmyGCnow waiting for ever ?!

anyone knows someone get approved wih ND 2005?

My lawers said they are asking 2005 application for fingerprint coz of they have to wait so long ? any idea

anotherway said:
Guys I did not get it !!! :confused:
ND 2005 getting aproved for GC :eek: is that true ?! while some people like wantmyGCnow waiting for ever ?!

anyone knows someone get approved wih ND 2005?

My lawers said they are asking 2005 application for fingerprint coz of they have to wait so long ? any idea

This can not be ture! If it is, I just sunk into a deeper depression. It must be a mistake.

Serendipitous said:
This can not be ture! If it is, I just sunk into a deeper depression. It must be a mistake.
Calm down, guys! Minsk said his friend got a BIO, it's not a GC! That's a big big difference.

sal403 said:
I believe you are just a week away from the approval of GC. Unless they dont send you another RFE or RFI, you should be receiving the approval nptice within 2 weeks. So there is nothing else left to do now but to wait.

C'mon don't give him/her such unrealistic promise, because it kinda sucks when you're hoping for a week and it actually takes a more......

We have people here with BIO done back in March and nothing yet....

Besides, his/her ND is 2003 and there are plenty of 00's 01's and 02's still lingering around, so please be realistic........don't fool people like that especially when they're fairly new to this forum and don't know what's goin' on..

UNLESS, you've got a crystal ball, which I doubt.

Espritis

ClevelandOH said:
NEXT U'LL CHECK LUD .
I'M CHECKING MY LUD LIKE CRAZY .TWO MONTHS........STILL THE SAME.
WISH YOU GC ASAP ,LIKE IN A WEEKS , BUT DONT DREAM TO MUCH , IT CAN BE MUCH MUCH LONGER.
FYI :NOBODY HERE HAS BEEN APPROVED LATER THAN DEC 2002 SO FAR.
TAKE CARE

Have any ND 2002's been approved already????

maca2005 said:

What you have done is the initial step of getting a GC. Now your case is refered to an officer to review it. The officer reviews it and if he thinks he has enough evidence to approve you, he will. Or else he will generate an RFE and move on to the next case.

In the past, the officer would get to your application and then send Medical Request(bio was never taken before) but USCIS decided let the applicants worry about stuff they shouldn't worry about. So submitting medicals etc was sent to everyone even if you completed it.

It does'nt mean you will get approval next week. It just means that your case is "complete" as per the clerk who was assigned to get in contact with you. After this, your best bet is that officer will review your case.

Espritis said:
C'mon don't give him/her such unrealistic promise, because it kinda sucks when you're hoping for a week and it actually takes a more......

We have people here with BIO done back in March and nothing yet....

Besides, his/her ND is 2003 and there are plenty of 00's 01's and 02's still lingering around, so please be realistic........don't fool people like that especially when they're fairly new to this forum and don't know what's goin' on..

UNLESS, you've got a crystal ball, which I doubt.

Espritis

Well you dont have to be nasty about it unless your nature calls for it. Anyway, my assumption is based on my personal experience. I got the approval email within 2 weeks and got the GC + approval notice the same day a week later.

sal403 said:
Well you dont have to be nasty about it unless your nature calls for it. Anyway, my assumption is based on my personal experience. I got the approval email within 2 weeks and got the GC + approval notice the same day a week later.
sal403, would you please post your ND and timeline, thank you.

you will get GC

maca2005 said:

You will get GC in a week. Keep checking your mail box.

Serendipitous said:

It's not a mistake. He was granted asylum back in 2003 but forgot to file I-485 in 2004 and only when I told him that he might wanna file it ASAP because the backlog is huge, he did it. But it was definitely after I filed mine and my ND is 05/05/05. Yesterday he showed me his BIO with Code 3. I saw it with my own eyes. The only thing I can think of is that his fingerprints have expired. But I wonder what does Code 3 means?

Minsk said:
It's not a mistake. He was granted asylum back in 2003 but forgot to file I-485 in 2004 and only when I told him that he might wanna file it ASAP because the backlog is huge, he did it. But it was definitely after I filed mine and my ND is 05/05/05. Yesterday he showed me his BIO with Code 3. I saw it with my own eyes. The only thing I can think of is that his fingerprints have expired. But I wonder what does Code 3 means?

Code 3 is both hands finger printing + pic + seperate print of the index finger. My nephew had this too. But it was because he had just turned 14 and didnt have any previous finger print record.

freemanmo said:
sal403, would you please post your ND and timeline, thank you.
freemanmo, my time line is as follows:

Asylum approved by Asylum officer : April 2000
Applied I-485 : Jul 2001
Med : Jul 19th 2005
Bio : Jul 30th 2005
Approval E-mail : Aug 11th 2005
Actual GC + approval notice rcvd together by mail a week later.

sal403 said:

Sal,

I am not being nasty, I just don't think it's fair to give someone such unrealistic hope.

You're an asylee and you know how unpleasant the whole waiting thing is, so if you tell them oh well I think you'll get it in week and then they don't...it's huge disappointment for them.

Even if she/he is the luckiest asylee out there, with an ND of 04/03, CG within a week is simply absurd.(that's just my assuption)

P.S. How can you compare your personal experience when your ND is 01 and u just got your GC

So let's be fair

E

Espritis said:
Sal,

I am not being nasty, I just don't think it's fair to give someone such unrealistic hope.

You're an asylee and you know how unpleasant the whole waiting thing is, so if you tell them oh well I think you'll get it in week and then they don't...it's huge disappointment for them.

Even if she/he is the luckiest asylee out there, with an ND of 04/03, CG within a week is simply absurd.(that's just my assuption)

P.S. How can you compare your personal experience when your ND is 01 and u just got your GC

So let's be fair

E

Espritis, I am happy to bring some life in this forum, which recently is turning into a graveyard.....As you can see from my timline that after my bio it took only a little time for me to get the GC. by the grace of god i am also one of those lucky ones who didnt have any problems thru out. Yes a long wait no doubt. but i didnt have to go to the court for asylum approval and no RFE/RFI except the one for Medical. Actually you know that every case is dealt with individually. Even cases of families which are applied together are segregated and looked at by seperate officers, hence difference of opinions. So the fact of the matter is that no person is an expert on this subject. NO ONE! Not even the so called imm. lawyers or USCIS itself! What do you say?