whats an I-89

asg98

Registered Users (C)
does anyone know what an i-89 is please give me details.I was informed today by an immigration officer on the phone that there has been no request for an I-89 done ..i have to go back again to the local ins office and convey this message to them. do they stamp the passport if apprved then or does it mean i have another long endless wait ...does anyone know how long this process takes. please advise me i have managed to get an appointment to visit the ins office tomorrow. thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same question.

I was informed by the INS officer on the phone that I need to get form I-89 done. I have no idea of what that is. Have you figured it out? thanks

xyz66 check this thread out as to what an i-89 is
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=131789

in my case i was asked by an immigration officer to take an infopass and convey the message at my local ins office (NY) that i have been asked to fill out an i-89. At the office the next day after a long wait i was told that the phone lines do not get trsfered to immigration officers and i was lying.
I would receive a notification from the officer when my i-485 is approved.
I would suggest you call the 800 nos and take details as to the officer who spoke to you and the location.It might help you.
Have you recd and notification from the ins if your case has been approved? where and when was your interview?Pls share your experience. all the best and hopefully you dont have to go through another frustrating experience with the ins.

Thanks!

HI asg98, thank you for your reply, and your link, however, for some reason, that link is not working. do you mind giving me that again? thanks.

I submited my I-130 and I-485 concurrently with I-131 and I-765 on Jan.11, 2005 to San Antonio, TX office. and my receipt date is Jan. 27, and FP is Feb. 04. I haven't had interview yet and no info on my I-131 and I-765 either.