What will happen to Labor Certification of GC process, if I have to move to another place and work f

kailiu823

Registered Users (C)
I am in the middle of LC process of applying for a Green Card. The company G I work for was bought by company D four months ago. Now company D is going to shut down company G, which is at Wisconsin, and move all
production and some people to another plant of company D at Colorado. Is LC specific to states? If I go from Wisconsin to Colorado, do I have to start all over again for my GC?

what will happen to my Labor Certification??

I am in the middle of LC process of applying for a Green Card.
The company G I work for was bought by company D four months ago. Now company D is going to shut down company G, which is at Wisconsin, and move all production and some people to another plant of company D at Colorado. Is LC specific to states? If I go from Wisconsin to Colorado, do I have to start all over again for my GC?

No Title

My situation is also going to be the same... according to my attorney, if the location of the new company is within the metro area of the old company...it should be O.K to continue our GC process. But, there may be chance if your old company applied your labor without any specific location. please check with your attorney

additional information of my case.

Thank you very much for your reply. My LC is RIR based. It has been approved by Wisconsin State, and was forwarded to Chicago Labor Department on March 6th 2002. The plant in Wisconsin will be closed on July 24th 2002. If the I140 is filed before the plant is closed, or even I140 gets approved before that date, do I still have to start all over again? I greatly appreciate your opinion.