what will happen if I140 is on hold

zhu168

My I-140 application was submitted on Dec. 2002, and it has passed the processing time for a long time. I called the service center and I was told that my case was on hold since last Feburary and the reason was unknown. I do not know what the on hold means and what the result will be. Anybody gives some suggestions?

I guess, It may be due to one of few following reasons.

1. Your name check might have got some "Positive hit", meaning matched with some criminal record.

2. Your company might have done some violation and being under Investigation.

3. The Officer might have thought that any of the information given in the I-140 petition(like Education or Experience) is not correct, needs further investigation.

Just my thoughts.

naanshi.

thanks, here is my detail information

I applied in the NIW catergory so there is no company issue and I was working in a famous university. I submitted two applications, one is NIW and another is EB-1A and I linked two applications to one I-485. I do not think there is anything with my background. Is it possible that they want to wait untile the EB-1A case has been processed so they do not need to review two cases in the same time. My EB-1A was ealier than the NIW and it has been denied last Oct.

Thanks!