What to write to Chennai Consulate?????Please help.......

phosmane

Hi,
  My I-140 was approved for CP and i have filed for AOS. When i called NVC and asked them what to do, they told to write a letter to Chennai Consulate and they gave me NVC case number. I dont know what to write. Has anybody wrote letter to Chennai regarding AOS (While I-140 got approved for CP, but filed I-485 AOS)??? Should we tell them to send back the I-140 to NVC? OR What to write? Anybody got reply back from Chennai Consulate after writing a letter???

Any inputs greatly appreciated....
Thanks in advacne

No Title

Looks like those whose I-140 files were sent to Consulates did nothing significant in expediting their cases except waiting helplessly. Same case here, RD:08/07, ND:09/27 File sent to Consulate in 05/2001.

sample letter

Hi officer,

My case # is CaseNumber
My immigration visa petition(I-140) (EAC-########) was approved in
month,year and sent to the National Visa Center. I believe that National Visa Center has sent my file to chennai consulate.

Whereas I applied for I-485, Adjustment of Status within United States on Date.

I spoke with NVC and understood the file is still with you. If you could,please send the file to Vermont INS at the following address, it would be really helpful.

US Immigration Naturalization Services,
Address

Sincerely,
Your name

You will get a reply within two workdays. But They won\'t transfer the file without a INS request

Hope this helps.

gcjuly....i am also in the same boat

I agree with kv72,unless there is a request from INS, the files will not be transfered back to our service center. But there is nothing wrong in sending a email by us.

I am searching for the chennai consulate web site to find out their email id.