What to do??

carlosherrman

I have my h1 visa for two years with my current employer, 4 month ago I got my canadian residence aproved , so I have to land in canada July 15th 2005.
I will tell my boss about quiting my job next week. HOWEVER....I GOT AN INVITATION LETTER TO START MY GREEND CARD PROCESS HERE IN THE USA.
I was in shock since I was going to quit this week.
So I am relly need advice here...
The invitacion says that they will pay for everything , even the attonrye fees but they arenot sure that i will get it.
So here are my questions?

How factible is getting the greed card, how long does it take
It is easy for me ?? I am a financial analyst. with a salry over 50,000. and 5 years of experince in my country( Argentina). Do you think PERM will be aproved.
What I am trying to ask ....what you wwuold do.. I think my current position is not that special and a lot of americans can do it..So my problem is if PERM will be approved
Please I need help
I have 15 days to accept ot not the invitation letter

It is possible

It is possible to get provided you have a good lawyer who has supported such cases. Maybe Rajiv Khanna or Murthy...however it is going to take a long time(maybe not as long as for indians, chinese). You may have to get some kind of understanding with your employer...maybe ask them to apply a future employment based green card(you can join them whenever you want to atleast before the green card is approved). Maybe you can work for them from Canada....

Consult an attorney...for a nominal fee they can give all these ideas.

carlosherrman said:
I have my h1 visa for two years with my current employer, 4 month ago I got my canadian residence aproved , so I have to land in canada July 15th 2005.
I will tell my boss about quiting my job next week. HOWEVER....I GOT AN INVITATION LETTER TO START MY GREEND CARD PROCESS HERE IN THE USA.
I was in shock since I was going to quit this week.
So I am relly need advice here...
The invitacion says that they will pay for everything , even the attonrye fees but they arenot sure that i will get it.
So here are my questions?

How factible is getting the greed card, how long does it take
It is easy for me ?? I am a financial analyst. with a salry over 50,000. and 5 years of experince in my country( Argentina). Do you think PERM will be aproved.
What I am trying to ask ....what you wwuold do.. I think my current position is not that special and a lot of americans can do it..So my problem is if PERM will be approved
Please I need help
I have 15 days to accept ot not the invitation letter

Well, if you have preference to settle in USA rather than Canada then here is the thing you can do:
- You don't leave you current job in USA.
- Start processing GC in PERM ASAP.
- Meantime, visit Canada and collect PR card (for you and your dependents). Now here is the key: Canadian PR Card is valid for 3 years even if you don't stay in Canada (3 out of 5 years rule).
- So once you collect PR card, come back to USA and keep working / waiting for GC. Within 3 years, you will have idea whether you received GC (or may be very close). If not, then you can move to Canada permanently.

Thank you , this is a good idea..but my question is :
Being a financial analyst, with master degree in the USA...having over 50,000 salary...Is it posible to get a greed card..To many peopla have told me that as a financial analyst I have not to many chances since there are a lot of americans that ca do my job.I have been with the company only 2 years and I have 5 years experience in my country.
So my question is...are there chances to get my perm accepted..I dont want to loose my time here in the USA if I will never get my GC...

I think you should leave this question for immigration officer and GOD :) , without worrying / listening others too much.

Try to have good relationship with your employer, consult a good attorney (like Mr.Rajiv Khanna or someone reputed), follow his advise and make PERM job requirements that make difficult for general US citizen.

Anyway, I would take a chance in PERM, as decision of PERM labor would come within 45-60 days only. If that does not work, you can always move back to Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU SO MUCHO..THAT'S TRUE I CAN TRY...AND WAINT FEW MONTHS AND THEN DECIDE WHAT TO DO.
I HAVE A FINAL QUESTIONS...CAN I WORK IN CANADA WITH MY CURRENT EMPLOYER AND KEEP MY H1 VISA..AND EVEN START MY GREEN CARD PROCESS.

MY EMPLOYER HAS DONE THAT WITH ME BUT ONLY 45 DAYS....I WENT BACK TO MY COUNTRY FOR 45 DAYS AND WORK FROM THERE...I HAVE ACCESS TO EVERYTHING ..IT IS LIKE WORKING HERE...i DID THAT AND I ONLY ASKE MY BOSS THAT I WANTED TO SPEND TIME WITH MY FAMILY ...HE EVEN PAID MY TICKETS AND SAY GO A WORK FROM THERE...i REALLY WORKED A LOT...IT WAS NO VACATION SO I AM WONDERING...AN HI VISA HOLDER CAN LIFE OUTSIDE USA AND KEEP HIS HER H1 VISA STATUS?

I think you can, atleast upto some stage in GC. But better take legal advise.

carlosherrman said:
THANK YOU SO MUCHO..THAT'S TRUE I CAN TRY...AND WAINT FEW MONTHS AND THEN DECIDE WHAT TO DO.
I HAVE A FINAL QUESTIONS...CAN I WORK IN CANADA WITH MY CURRENT EMPLOYER AND KEEP MY H1 VISA..AND EVEN START MY GREEN CARD PROCESS.

MY EMPLOYER HAS DONE THAT WITH ME BUT ONLY 45 DAYS....I WENT BACK TO MY COUNTRY FOR 45 DAYS AND WORK FROM THERE...I HAVE ACCESS TO EVERYTHING ..IT IS LIKE WORKING HERE...i DID THAT AND I ONLY ASKE MY BOSS THAT I WANTED TO SPEND TIME WITH MY FAMILY ...HE EVEN PAID MY TICKETS AND SAY GO A WORK FROM THERE...i REALLY WORKED A LOT...IT WAS NO VACATION SO I AM WONDERING...AN HI VISA HOLDER CAN LIFE OUTSIDE USA AND KEEP HIS HER H1 VISA STATUS?

It is possible to continue your GC process even if you are not in the country or even if you are not working for the company. If you are outside US then the last stage of GC procees will be done thorugh cousular procesing. But there is little risk invloved in doing so.

Good Luck.