• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

what to do to expedite the name check!!!!!!!

dianac

Registered Users (C)
and is a DV2006 lottery winner. We applied in February and had the interview on March 29. My husband got his application approved right after the interview; I had to wait for my name check to be cleared. We also have an 8 years old son, and his file was lost. We couldn't just wait, so we contacted the local democrat senator. He was able to expedite the name check. He also called INS and our son's file was found.
I hope this helps!

Question for Dianac regarding namecheck delay

Question for Dianac regarding namecheck:

How long did it take between contacting your local senator and having your namecheck results? Which State are you in, what City?

1 Oct 05 filed I-485
2 Feb 06 biometrics
25 April interview

no adjudication given because:

A - they've lost my husband's file
B - waiting for my husband's name-check to clear

Thanks

Barbara EU11XX

BarbaraLamb said:
Question for Dianac regarding namecheck:

How long did it take between contacting your local senator and having your namecheck results? Which State are you in, what City?

1 Oct 05 filed I-485
2 Feb 06 biometrics
25 April interview

no adjudication given because:

A - they've lost my husband's file
B - waiting for my husband's name-check to clear

Thanks

Barbara EU11XX
Hi Barbara,

I just read your today's post in the other thread, and I was curious to read about your case. You have such a low number, and you're still waiting? :D
Have you contacted your congress office yet?
Who's the winner? You or your husband?

how to expedite the name check!!!!!!!

Im waiting my name check from december till now ?!!
What should I do ?
advice me pls

Dear Anahit, here's my experience:

EU11XX
13 October 05 I-485 sent
21 October 05 NL received
2 Feb 06 FP done
30 March Infopass to inquire about interview date: we discover delay with my husband's background check
25 April INTERVIEW: we are told that my husband's file is missing and that we would receive a decision within 90 days (24 July).

Meanwhile we contacted the Senator's office, the Congresswoman's Office, the USCIS Office a number of times. NO RESULT SO FAR. We have an Infopass appointment for next Thursday 20 July.

The Senator's and Congresswoman's offices may or may not be efficient, we have no way of knowing what kind of letters they are sending out and they have a "don't contact us we'll contact you" overall attitude. Hopefully they are pushing our case.

If all else fails we are considering using a Mandamus Act, involving a COURT order.

By the way, I am the principal applicant and for all intent and purposes I am entitled to an adjudication NOW with or without my husband since there is no delay on my case. I am in the process of making that request.

Good luck to you all

Barbara

BarbaraLamb said:
Dear Anahit, here's my experience:

EU11XX
13 October 05 I-485 sent
21 October 05 NL received
2 Feb 06 FP done
30 March Infopass to inquire about interview date: we discover delay with my husband's background check
25 April INTERVIEW: we are told that my husband's file is missing and that we would receive a decision within 90 days (24 July).

Meanwhile we contacted the Senator's office, the Congresswoman's Office, the USCIS Office a number of times. NO RESULT SO FAR. We have an Infopass appointment for next Thursday 20 July.

The Senator's and Congresswoman's offices may or may not be efficient, we have no way of knowing what kind of letters they are sending out and they have a "don't contact us we'll contact you" overall attitude. Hopefully they are pushing our case.

If all else fails we are considering using a Mandamus Act, involving a COURT order.

By the way, I am the principal applicant and for all intent and purposes I am entitled to an adjudication NOW with or without my husband since there is no delay on my case. I am in the process of making that request.

Good luck to you all

Barbara
Hi Barbara,

Looks like you did try. Sorry to hear about the problems you've been thru.
So, did they tell you why wasn't your case adjudicated at the interview?
Even if there was a problem with your husband's file, if all the checks on your name had been completed at the time of the inteview, they were supposed to approve your case right there, and put a stamp in your passport. :confused:
What is your DO? Keep us posted about the results of your infopass.
Good luck! :)

thank u
but i think this site only for the american or inside america ( http://www.house.gov )
Im from egypt, someone called Tawhid, I think he is in the same trouble, he asked a good question, Do you know, anyone refuse to get visa for this matter? he means Security Clearance or Name Check.

Last edited by a moderator: