What should my wife tell in the interview if the Officer asks << is your husband a US

srocket

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus ,
I have one more question for my wife’s interview. In the N400 Application at the time of filing we both were not US citizens. I came US citizen in OCT 2007. And My wife has interview next month first week. What should my wife tell in the interview if the Officer asks << is your husband a US citizen? At the time of filing I am not a citizen. Can some one please clarify.

Thanks in Advance

Do you have something to hide ?

Hi Gurus ,
I have one more question for my wife’s interview. In the N400 Application at the time of filing we both were not US citizens. I came US citizen in OCT 2007. And My wife has interview next month first week. What should my wife tell in the interview if the Officer asks << is your husband a US citizen? At the time of filing I am not a citizen. Can some one please clarify.

Thanks in Advance

Please don't make these simple things complicated for God's sake. Do you have something to hide ? Your wife will tell the IO that her husband recently became a US citizen. He was not a US citizen at the time of filing N-400 application.

In my case, when I applied for my citizenship, I only had one daughter. God blessed me with a son last year. Now if the officer asks me how many children do I have. I will tell two and will tell the truth that my son was born last year while my application was still in process or pending so he can update his records.

Tell him there is a change of status since filing N400. Edit and then reprint that particular page and take it with you. He will remove the old page from your application and substitute this so there is no need to sign and mess around with the old application. Anyway his system will show that and he is more likely to tell that to you before you mention that. He will have your electronic information on his computer before he calls you for interview.

Hi Gurus ,

Thanks in Advance

First of all, the fact that you are now a US Citizen does not by itself change your wife's eligibility for Citizenship.

Second, since the Interview is meant to review and update your wife's application, I believe you should make a photocopy of your Naturalization Certificate and give it to your wife so the IO can add it to her application's documents.

Last edited by a moderator: