what should be in reason for receive waiver??

nir_prince

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

I don't know what should i write for " A statement demonstration why the exchange visitor is eligible to receive a waiver of the two yer home country requirement of the exchange visitor program??" The length of the statement may vary ????????

what should be excast statement? how should start? this staement would be the main reason for waiver. I am so worried for that !

Do any one have any sample so i could see in detail. Your help are always be appriciated !

Nirav

Let me start by saying that some people claim to have written "based on No objection by home country" and that is it, and it worked out.

This is a personal thing and you shoudl write what you think makes sense in supporting your application. This also depends on your waiver base.

Howver, I think it is not that hard really.

I've made few suggestions on this forum, so consider looking at them carefully (search forum).

I do not have a template to share, except for my own "statement of reasons", which obviously I cannot share its content, but I can share its spirit.

In putting together, your statements consider the following:

- Keep it simple, straightforward, and most importantly honest.

- Think of the person who will read it, what would he think about what you write, so imagine his(therr) reaction.

-It is also important in case you had a US government sponsor (USAID, Fulbright, etc..) to address their worries, since they will read your statement. Convince them with good reasons that you should be allowed to stay here for research purposes, educations purposes, business, etc.. Or whatever your reasons may be.

- Try to convince them that staying here in the US would somehow still serve the purposes of your original J1 program (Exchange program purposes should be listed on your DS/IAP paper).

Here is what I wrote down, myself, in a generic format:

I started by describing my program, how I was chosen to come here and for what purposes. I also described the goals of my program. Then I discussed my education, my research, my various links to US agencies and the value of my research to them. I tried to explain that by leaving now, this research (and consequently the US agencies) will suffer. I also explained that by staying here I will continue to contribute to the goals of my J1 program by exchanging with my country of origin through research, collaboration, and research related visits (which is all true).

Then I closed by stating clearly that if I leave my research as well as the interest of these US agencies will suffer, but if I stay every body wins. I win by continuing my research, the US agencies win by having me continue my work, and my country wins since I'm in a position to continue transferring this technology/research back home and my sponsor wins since that was the goal of my J1 program.

- I also added lots of supporting evidence for each point I raised in the statement.

That is it....

Good luck,

Dear friends,

I don't know what should i write for " A statement demonstration why the exchange visitor is eligible to receive a waiver of the two yer home country requirement of the exchange visitor program??" The length of the statement may vary ????????

what should be excast statement? how should start? this staement would be the main reason for waiver. I am so worried for that !

Do any one have any sample so i could see in detail. Your help are always be appriciated !

Nirav

ReadytoHelp,
Were you a Fullbrighter/USAIDer?

When did you get the waiver? How long did the whole deal take?

Thanks in advance,

Owl

Noewready Help !!

Dear friend,

Thanks for your wonderful Help. I think this would be enough for make a best reason.

Nirav

I suppose my case should be decided in few more days ...It has been at the "Sponsor views" stage for 5 weeks almost, and that is the last stage..everything is updated on my online case. Usually the sponsor view takes about a month or so (based on published timelines-on this forum).

I did however, had the misfortune of DOS switching around my case number without telling me because I had a very old advisory opinion case number, that supposedly I should have used instead of generating a new one. Because of that the " No Objection letter" from my embassy was lost (not really they simply discarded it in their big pile of rejected-unknown mail). But I was lucky enough that I talked to a DOS lady, who was wonderful enough to search their reject mail and find it for me (she even called me on my personal phone to let me know that she found it), so I did not have to ask for a new one). That whole episode delayed my case by about 8 weeks.

So few more days and I shall know.

By the way, I started with USAID funds, then University sponsor for the rest of my program.

ReadytoHelp,
Were you a Fullbrighter/USAIDer?

When did you get the waiver? How long did the whole deal take?

Thanks in advance,

Owl

ReadytoHelp,

oh it was scary, lucky enough... thanks to that lady.

Yes, you assumed right, I am appying through an No Objection by home Country ( India).

I tried to start but i don't know why i am feelig so stranth about this reason. i understood wht should i write. not getting how should i start. It s tensed too as this, my reason would only the convincing point for US application reviewer....

Let's see now, Please keep in touch

Nirav

Statement of Reason

Hi
I m j1 visa holder in IT.In the process of wavier based on NOC from home country(India) I have to write Statement of reason.I m also going to apply for certification course in one of the university in USA.Is both of the reasons are valid to write in Statement of Reason for getting Wavier.Can DOS ask to give proof of study?

Please suggest me ASAP

PASH

NO DOS wont ask to give any proof for waiver.

U can write easily what u feel and what do u want to do. plus if u havent received any loan or any financial help and u can consider the same statement what i have wrote..

"I have not received any kind off scholarship or loan. I have not any obligation from my home country i.e. India. Therefore, based on a "no objection letter" from my Home Government, I would like to apply a waiver of the two-year home country residency requirement."

hope this will helps.