What`s my best step???

BritBob

Hi
I have a number of queries regarding my predicament and I`m unsure exactly what road the follow. I`ll start from the beginning. My ambition is to move to Canada (NB to be precise) and to live and work peacefully with my Canadian girlfriend. Kelley came here to the UK three months ago and is currently living with me. She`s in the UK under extended visitor rights. I`m sponsoring her as she does not have permission to work here. She has been allowed to remain here until January of next year, after that we`ll decide what to do next. Our ambition is to move to Canada as soon as possible, we only wish to live together and I look forward to a new start in Canada. I know Kelley misses Canada, especially her Tim Hortons!!! Our biggest concern is where on earth do I start on this immigration issue. I have been told I could go to Canada with Kelley anytime as a visitor for 6 months and then apply within. Unfortunately this would not be financially viable for me. I would dearly like to start work as soon as I get there or within a reasonable time period. To be honest it wouldn`t take me long to pack up my things and be gone from here, unfortunately we have to realistic and cannot live in a dream world. Things like this don`t happen overnight even though I wish they could. I am reasonably skilled in work experience, I`ve spent 12 years in a Machining/mechanical engineering enviroment. I wanted to avoid going down the skilled worker route, it seems as though there is a million things that go against me on that one. Is there a simple and easy route for me and Kelley to go down so we can get to New Brunswick and settle down peacefully. Thankyou for your time.
Regards,
Rob.

I know two ways

Hi,

As far as i know there are two ways
1)Fast way
2)Slow way

1)Fastway
If some one sponser you it is much easier and faster to get.
Your sponser must be either PR or citizen of canada.

< I sponsered my wife, my wife got PR in 3 months>

Question is who going to sponser???
1)spouse
2)fiancee<i heard that this process is slow... i am not sure>
3)relative

2)Slowway
As a skilled labour .
I heard that it may take any where between 2 to 3 years.

check this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/index.html

I don't think you need lawyer.
I applied for GC myself without any lawyer help.

Best of luck:)

Thanks for the reply. Is it best for me to apply internally in Canada while I`m under visitor status, or am I better applying in the UK.
My fiance is more than willing to sponsor me, she would do anything to get me into Canada.

BritBob,

You can get comprehensive information, eligibility, and requirements on Canadian immigration through fiancee/family sponsorship at these following web sites:

www.cic.gc.ca (official website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada)

and

www.canadavisa.com (well-known Canadian immigration lawfirm)

I`m considering the `Conjugal Partner` application as we seem eligable for this. My GF would sponsor me inland or while we`re both in the UK. Has anybody had similar experience or been in a similar situation and could share their valuable thoughts:confused: :confused: :confused: