• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What Number of Aussies get a Green Card, Odds of Winning?

Upgraded

Registered Users (C)
Just wondering what Australians chances are of winning a Green card?

How many Aussies get chosen every cycle?

I would think the odds are rather good, Every Aussie I've ever told about the DV lotto has said ' WHAT?! Why on earth would you want to move to the USA ' ect, I must be the only Aussie who loves the USA :D.

Easy

From memory there is about 600 a year. I applied twice and was successful on the second try. All going well I will be in the US Mid 2008.

Your next best bet is the E-3 Visa for Australians only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha tell me about it. I'm from Sydney and before I left I told them about the green card lottery and my workmates were like...'OMG how much money did you win????'

This was my first year in the lottery and won, so there u go. Interview later this month, with any luck will be in the US in May.

this was also my first go this DV08, I know this Aussie guy he is been trying for five years in a row and had no luck.

this was also my first go this DV08, I know this Aussie guy he is been trying for five years in a row and had no luck.

I've tried about 4 times. This was my first win. Interview in November - fingers crossed!