What Month is the finger Prints in ?

harvinder

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 Filling date is Oct 2002 and so far I have not received notices for Finger printing. Can people who recently got finger prints mention here what month did they file their I485 so it becomes easy for us to figure out what month is the finger print notice going on.

There many of us who have been left out and have been waiting for approx. two years with no FP yet. If you have not received your FP yet, you belong to this group. Welcome.

A question: Did you file your 485 jointly with I-140 (new system) or was your I-140 approved before you filed for 485 (old system) ? I have a theory about that.

I am in the same boat, my RD is Nov 13 2002 still waiting for FP. I have filed 485 before the approval of 140 .

Srikanth

Include me in :D . I filed my I-140, then after it was approved i filed my I-485, 2 years and no fingerprint :eek:

June 02

Our lawer said that they are sending FP for June 02. But as we can see in this forum already there are some May 02 RD approvals. I don't know how that fits in.

No FP yet

My I-485 filed with the new system. No FP yet. Any idea how far away for it I now.

ND: Oct 28, 2002

XieXie2 said:
Our lawer said that they are sending FP for June 02. But as we can see in this forum already there are some May 02 RD approvals. I don't know how that fits in.

XieXie,
some ? where did you see those some May 02 approvals?
There is just 1 so far - tscpain reported.
In fact there are many others from May 02 who have not rec'd fingerprints.
You should see the members sheet.

question

this website had somewhere a display of what date of fps they are doing? any one has an idea if those dates have changed updated here

I am in the same boat, my RD is Nov 13 2002 still waiting for FP :confused: . I have filed my concurrent filing of 140 and 485.

Sriram

There are a lot of people in this small boat including me. TSC pl start sending FP notices before it starts sinking.
Now, what should we do? (open for suggestions)
Should we (guys who have posted in here and others) start requesting FPs at the same time because more requests at a particular time/day might trigger them to issue the FP notices.
Can anyone post the address and Fax no. for requesting manual FPs?
Thanks in advance.

The following letter I faxed to USCIS last month, nothing come forward. If anyone wants to send please do so. Atleast they will know we are waiting for FP's.

All the Best

BaSh :cool:
---------
ND: 20 Aug 2002
FP: No..... :confused:
-------------------------------------Format of Fax------------------------
XXXXXX
Address
Tel # ###-###-####.

To
USCIS TSC,
P.O. Box 851488,
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488
Phone: 800-375-5283
Fax: 214-489-8021

Dear Sir or Madam:

Subject: Processing our I-485 expedite - Finger Print request.

I just wanted to bring it to your attention that our I-485 filed on August 20, 2002. We are not received our Finger Prints till date. Lots of our friends who filed in Texas Service Center after we filed had done their Finger Prints and couple of them getting 2nd time. So we request please expedite to get Finger Prints and our I-485 processing.

A speedy processing of our I-485 petitions and dependants after our Finger Prints would be greatly appreciated.

1. XXX SRC-02-250-XXXXX / A # 0XX-XXX-XXX.
2. XXX SRC-02-250-XXXXX / A # 0XX-XXX-XXX.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Thank you,

XXXXXX

Once in a while I mail TSC a reminder about my FP. It does not help. It won't hurt either.

Below is an excerpt from an email from my lawyer when I asked her about the FP:
"... we are getting notices for some new cases we have filed (within 2 months of filing!) while we are not getting notices on much older cases. So, you basically get scheduled whenever TSC schedules you."

However, looking at the member sheet, I noticed some patterns. None of the August 2002 filers (including me) have gotten FP yet. It is a similar picture for June and July, and probably May (though it is hard to tell). This is around the time that they switched systems, so my theory was that people who filed under the old system simply got screwed. However, responses in this thread appear to refute this theory. There is about an even mix of old and new system filers. Perhaps my lawyer is right: "you get scheduled whenever you get scheduled."

This is very disconcerting because it appears that the order of adjudication depends almost solely on your FP date (although not officially).

I am in the same boat, my RD is Nov 15 2002 still waiting for FP. I have filed my concurrent filing of 140 and 485.

JacksonvilleFL

Fingerprint

harvinder said:
My I-485 Filling date is Oct 2002 and so far I have not received notices for Finger printing. Can people who recently got finger prints mention here what month did they file their I485 so it becomes easy for us to figure out what month is the finger print notice going on.

I need to Vent Big Time

My frustrating details are

Husband primary
Husband & I : I485 - RD 8/7/2002
" " : FP 9/2/2002
HUSBAND : I485 AD 5/15/2003
Me - nothing
Visits to local INS office - no joy (orlando)
Numerous letters / faxes / phonecalls - no joy

As my FP's have now expired which pile have I be relegated to ?
I have had to apply for EAD to remain in status - this took a frustrating 6 months because I elected to file on-line (we're in the computer age right ?)
I know my husband was lucky to get his approval so fast but did they have to go and screw things up by splitting up the "family unit".
Ugggh !!!!!!!

If I am not wrong, I read from this forum that if one of family member's 485 gets approved and the other one is not (as in your case), you can contact your local senator to expedite the process. Try search this forum for a simillar case like yours.

gcproc4me said:
My frustrating details are

Husband primary
Husband & I : I485 - RD 8/7/2002
" " : FP 9/2/2002
HUSBAND : I485 AD 5/15/2003
Me - nothing
Visits to local INS office - no joy (orlando)
Numerous letters / faxes / phonecalls - no joy

As my FP's have now expired which pile have I be relegated to ?
I have had to apply for EAD to remain in status - this took a frustrating 6 months because I elected to file on-line (we're in the computer age right ?)
I know my husband was lucky to get his approval so fast but did they have to go and screw things up by splitting up the "family unit".
Ugggh !!!!!!!