what kind of hard evidence INS require?

Registered Users (C)
To anyone who had successful experiences of being granted Asylum status:
Could you tell me how did you convince INS officials to believe you are really in Asylum? I am a real asylum leaving own country for more than 3 years and in the U.S less than one year, but I do not have any hard evidence such as court decision etc. to persuade INS officials. Could you who have well-established experience give me any suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by 354987706
Could you tell me how did you convince INS officials to believe you are really in Asylum? I am a real asylum leaving own country for more than 3 years and in the U.S less than one year, but I do not have any hard evidence such as court decision etc. to persuade INS officials. Could you who have well-established experience give me any suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

I think Gilbert's advice is great. I would add that the judge or the officer look primarily into your credibility. That is, when you tell your own tale of persecution, do you sound truthful ? I guess the only thing that I can say to you is: tell the truth and the truth will set you free.

Originally posted by 354987706

Thank you in advance!
It varies on each individual.In my case i had proof from international commitee of redcross {ICRC}SO I did not have any problem to go through a lot of trouble to be granted asylum.But still there other ways which are self explanatory e.g if your country is at war,or you belong to a certain race or ethnic background which is under persecution as the Kurds were during Sadams reign.

Basically all you have to is to prove it.I do know a few people from my country who filed for asylum after they were in the US for about 5 years and they were granted,and there others who did the same and they were not.So it depends on how you present your case as long as you are not faking.

Good luck during your journey