What is the future of innocent tax-payer Illegal Immigrants

afzaal

When President Bill Clinton signed 245(i) on Dec 12,2000 for extension till Apr 30,2001, innocent peoples with families here and abroad had a hope that someday or sometime in near future they will have legal status again and can visit their country to meet their families. Hope was further boosted when President G. W. Bush supported to extend further by Apr 30,2002 and working a formula for illegal immigrants under Guest worker program with the collaboration of President of Mexico, but after Sept 11,2001 attack and subsequent developments diminishing the hopes.

For a mere few bad and terrorist people and there heinous acts, it would be unfair to innocent tax-payer illegal immigrants, if these programs will be halted and not encouraged in future for further legalisation process under LIFE act.

Request here thru this site to Govt of USA to help these peoples! They deserve some benefits specially those who are paying taxes for many years and merged in this system and in this society.

No Title

I agree with you greatly. I am a young man who has been living as an illegal immigrant since I was three years old. I am now 17, and am still wondering where this government has taken their immigration reform stance. I just wish that someday, things will be different

you must work for the border patrol.

just a quick question. How do you think illegals get here? Do you think that they have a secret tunnel coming out of Mexico that nobody knows about? No they don\'t each illegal that comes from that general area and "crosses the border" pays half of the $2,000 to the border patrol officers to look the other way! The other half goes to the "coyote" who leads them here. The corruption and law breaking starts with us here in the USA, not them. We make it easy for them. We give them the jobs that no other american wants. They are everywhere you turn. All they want to do is work hard and make a decent living. All americans want is little work and lots of money. Nobody complains when they are having their lawn mowed by them or dishes washed, houses cleaned, eggs fried, black top layed, houses built, snow shoveled, veggies picked.

I know because I have done it

I have helped many of friends pay this money. The money has to be payed up front. Usually your family and friends collects the money here in the states. When you get here you pay them back little by little. More commonly you pay the money back to somebody by giving whatever that person gave you to him for another friend or family member of theirs. I do apologize, you are correct I do tend to generalize. I just feel that we complain and rant and rave about them being here. The government really does nothing about it. The company I work for hires illegals like crazy. They are payed well and work under good conditions . Half of them have brand new cars, bank accounts, credit cards. They are living a good life here. Now how does a person with no SS card get all this? People and governments turn the other cheek. My boss does, every February we get a list from the SS Administration listing all the bad SS numbers we have. They get the info from the taxes, My boss pays $50.00 fine per bad SS number. SS does not notify INS that they this company has 50-60 bad SS numbers from people. In Virgina, North Carolina, Florida. No need for a SS card to get a VALID driver license, They don\'t even ask for proof of residency, they "take your word for it". Your right that it is no excuse, they are still here illegal but its like we make it easy for them to get here and make a living but all people do is complain. I speak mostly about Mexicans because this is what I know, it is virtually impossible to get a visa from the goverment, their goverment is very corrupt and unless you are filthy rich you get nothing. As for the border issue, I did it myself. I wanted to experience it and I did. I am a born American, actually not of any latin heritage, I am bi-lingual and can pass as a latin person. I flew to Mexico and traveled back with friends who were illegal. It was the most eye opening experience of my life. One last thing my friend, I do what I do for illegals because I believe they have just as much right here in America as I do. I do not push them away because they were not born here. We all started as immigrants somewhere in our families and it really pisses me off that Canadians have no problem coming over.

OMGosh!!!

I agree with you so Betty. On many issues. I mean yea the people don\'t grip as long as they are doing the "dirty" work. I speak cuz I know from experience being married to a Mexican. I don\'t know it\'s all unfair. I just wish they would open the Adjusting of status for everyone until Nov. 30th 2002.