What is the big use of having a EAD /AP approved if 140 has not been approved yet

registrationid

Registered Users (C)
My EAD and AP was approved 7months ago, but I140 has been pending since Sept27,2003. What use do I have of this EAD and AP if my 140 gets rejected?
This is concurrent filing in EB-2 categ.
Any thoughts?

dear registration.... and bee bee....

i totally understand registraion's point here....we are abosuletely in a fix without 140 being approved. i know a bunch of guys in the same situation.

AC21 also, cannot be used till 140 is not cleared. I would like to see some of the attorneys in the immigration space to take uo this issue and ask the authorities to amend the AC21 esp in light of the new fuji memo.

i wonder if it would be a good idea to write a petition to the nsc and requesting their attention towards this issue of the potential use of ac21. it would be really nice if we could use ac21 after 180 days of concurrent filing and allow us to use it inspite of 140 being pending.

thanks and good luck to all those in waiting....

I think, as per the rule we could apply AC21 after 180 days from I485 notice date.

The issue is what happens if CIS sends RFE for I140 after applying AC21, this is the only reason no individual interested to take any risk.

We don't need to worry about all if NSC approves I140/I485 together within 180 days.