What is the best way to contact Senator/Congressman?

Hopesoon

Registered Users (C)
Email? Letter? or Phone call? From myself or my employer? Does anyone have this experience?

By the way, could anyone provide the contact information of the Senators/Congressmen in Florida? Thanks.

No Title

What city do you live in Florida? I live in Orlando and my congressman is John Mica, my senator is Bill Nelson. John Mica was pretty helpful to my case. I sent them the same fax with details of my case. Then I got replies from them in about 2 weeks.

Thanks, Karen. I live in Jacksonville, FL.

The congressman and senator are the same as yours? If yes, could you let me know their contact info? Thank you very much.

No Title

Go to http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.html and enter your zip code to find out your congressman. Then look for the contact information for the staff who handles immigration issue.

There are two senators in Florida. Bill Nelson: http://billnelson.senate.gov/ and click IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON CONTACTING SENATOR NELSON on the main page. Bob Graham: http://graham.senate.gov/ and click staff contact and click Legislative Staff in the Legislative Inquiries section. There you will see Rori Kramer is the staff to contact for immigration issue. You should write fax, letter or email to the legislative staff who handles immigration issue.

I\'d suggest you to contact your congressman first since he/she serves your county instead of the whole state, which I think it\'s more efficient. If you don\'t get a response, then try to contact your senator as well.

Format for the letter to Senator/Congressman

Hi,
Would you be able to post the format of the letter .

Thanks

N

No Title

This is the letter that I faxed to both senator and congressman. You can modify the letter with your situation. BTW, it\'d be great if you can include a copy of your I-485 application.

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Phone Number]
[Fax number, if any]

[Date]

[name of the senator/congressman/staff]
[address]
[Phone]
[Fax]

Re: Immigration: I-485 case status at Texas Service Center

Dear [Name],

My husband and I filed I-485 at TSC. Here are our details:
[My husband\'s name]:
Case No. [husband\'s case no.]
A #: [His A#]

[My Name]
Case No. [my case no.]
A #: [my A#]

Both of our notification dates are [ND], we did our 2nd fingerprints on [date of your FP]. FBI said our fingerprint results were sent to TSC on the same day.

TSC indicates they\'re currently processing March, 00 cases. We have contacted TSC several times about our case status, but they kept saying our cases were not assigned to an officer and yet could not give me an answer on how much longer it would take. We have been waiting for the approvals over 2 years now, and have seen many people got their approvals even with a later notification date. Please help us get our cases in process. Thanks.

Sincerely,

[Your signature]

[Your name]

Thank you very much Karan

Hello Karan,
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help. I hope it works and good luck to you.

Nishu