What is the basis for 485 approval?

imm123

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I\'m very interested to know on what basis INS selects a case for I485 adjudication. My understanding all the while has been that INS purely goes I485 Notice Date. My WAC number is WAC-275 and I see cases even with WAC-296 being approved regularly. So I called INS and what I heard from a lady there is confusing. She said they were processing cases that received FBI clearance in January and since mine got the clearance in February, I need to wait for another month. Is it possible that INS assigns the officers all the cases with Notice Date belonging to a specific month (For instance, Septemnber ND right now) in the order of FBI clearance?
This may explain why WAC 296 gets approved before WAC 275.

Does someone have a differnt opinion? Appreciate your thoughts.

I do not know if what IIO says is true!

My FBI clearance/background checks were completed on 01.10.02 and yet the approval is not in sight.
Applicants with FPs done in Feb 02 and ND later than mine have got approved.

Go Figure.

soi

No Title

Its quite possible she may be totally wrong because the AVM says processing resumed on January 4 eventhough she claimed my FBI clearance came only in February.

Are these delayed cases approved for 140 CP and doing AOS?

I know it\'s been discussed so many times. But recently I found out the following from http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html. If the following is true, what happens if we don\'t respond to their letter and the file is forwarded to a foreign consulate? Do they have to get it back from the consulate? If so wouldn\'t it cause enough delays.

I am in the United States and would like to adjust status. How do I do that?

If you live in the U.S. you may be eligible for adjustment of status as a permanent resident. When your case becomes current, NVC will send you a letter telling you that you may be eligible for adjustment of status and asking that you tell us if you will adjust or apply at a U.S. consular section abroad. If you write back to us that you will adjust status, we will note it on your case record and retain the file until an INS office requests it to process your adjustment application. If NVC does not get a reply to our letter after 30 days, we will send you a Packet 3 and send your case file to a consular office abroad for processing.

NVC is not involved in adjustment of status. You should contact the INS office nearest you for information, forms, and adjustment of status updates.

I remember

when I used to go to the electronics market in Bombay
if the shopkeeper did not have the product he used to direct you somewhere else

95 percent it was wrong directions.

I feel the IIO is giving wrong information regularly

I feel that there is no supervisor listening in to their conversations and that there is no quality check

Do not be concerned about your case.

Some people get it earlier than others

I am expecting them to complete all the wac-01 cases upto 299 before endo of April 2002

Hope I am right

Just hold tight and hang in there