What is latest on I-140 premium processing?

ntac

Registered Users (C)
I believe there were some proposals to include certain specific categories of I-140 petitions in the premium processing pipeline.

Does anyone know if that proposal is still being considered or if it has been dropped altogether?

Thanks!

ntac:

Although there is a lot of activity around i-140 premium processing that should not be a reason for not applying thru regular I-140 coz no one knows as yet if and when I-140 premium processing will become a law. The last few times it was escalated, it was turned down due to reasons of folks taking potential advantage of it for fradulent purposes.

So apply for I-140 if you have not and if I-140 premium comes into play you can always re-apply in the premium way! Needless to say Rajiv Khanna and his crew is doing a great job at escalating issues such as I-140 and slow 485 processes!

Thank you, kd1403, for your thoughtful insights.

Yes, I did apply for my I-140 already and have just got the receipt number.

Hi NTAC,

Could you please let me know following

1. Which center you applied your I140?
2. How much tim eit took to get receipt and case number?

Appreciate for ur help on this.

prosix:

It normally takes upto 4 weeks (exceptional cases 6 weeks) to get receipt of any immgration related application made to USCIS.

Sorry, I couldn't reply earlier.

I-140 was filed with CSC the last week of February and the receipt number came in last week.