what is it Means RECEIPTDATE-- PRIORITY DATE on Approved I140

shekarpc

Registered Users (C)
Hi
just looking my Approved I140.
RECEIPT DATE: 23 September 2003 --- This is the Date I140 was received to Immigration
PRIORITY DATE: 22 November 2002
NOTICE DATE: 13 May 2004 --- This is the Date I140 was Approved

I am confused what is mean by PRIORITY DATE, is there any thing Related, why it was 2002... what is the purpose of this Date.....

Thanks,
Shekar PC :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

shekar,
to the best of my limited knowledge priority date is the date that USCIS uses to take a case for adjudication. Typically based on the RD of an application, the case comes up for priority in the queue of application and the priority date is typically based on the current processing dates. For e.g. For all 140 EB-2 (Adv deg, exc ability), at NSC ,the current published processing date is Aug 29,2003. So all applications in that class applied prior to Aug 29,2003 should be in the priority zone and that is the priority date. But based on your case, that might seem to be wrong and your case and maybe lots of pther cases got shuttled to an earlier lot that is much older and the officials decided to approve the older lot (based on FIFO). Maybe I am totally ona tangent here...in which case...sorry

registrationid or Naanshi or any Experts

Hi
if that is correct then i will be in last , i mean 1 year more time will take to get the 485 Approval, compare with the people who applied with me same time. in this case what should i do, is there any thing i can do.
I am not sure why they made the PRIORITY Date to 2002.. I have no clue...

Please let me know what to do...

Thanks,
Shekar PC

Shekarpc,
I am not 100%, but I think priority date in this case is the date you applied for Labor. Your I-140 uses the approved Labor (LC) and uses its filing date as the priority date.

These days prority date does not have any meaning because I-1485 priority dates are current, means you can file I-1485 immidiatly. Earlier when 485 filing was not current, you had to wait until your pririty date became current before you could file I-485.

Hope this helps,
sertra2002

Can you post about your LABOR details..then i can give some more ....

shekarpc said:
Hi
just looking my Approved I140.
RECEIPT DATE: 23 September 2003 --- This is the Date I140 was received to Immigration
PRIORITY DATE: 22 November 2002
NOTICE DATE: 13 May 2004 --- This is the Date I140 was Approved

I am confused what is mean by PRIORITY DATE, is there any thing Related, why it was 2002... what is the purpose of this Date.....

Thanks,
Shekar PC :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PD is date LC application was receieved at local office.
For substitute labor, should be same as 140 RD.

Reg My Labor
It was my own Labour, currently i don't have the exact dates when it was applied, but one thing the labor was my own, not any substitue labor...
I know some time in oct, or November 2002 we applied for Labor.

So i don't have to worry any thing..

Thanks,
Shekar PC :confused: :confused:

Sekar,
I received your private mail. here is the answer.

1.Every I-140/I-485 has to have a labor approved.
2.The receipt date of the Labor certificate by DOL is the Priority Date.
3.The labor , which you have used must have receipt date as 22 November 2002 and That is your Priority Date. So there is nothing wrong in your priority date
5. Use of Priority Date ????? :D :D For display purpose only, has no meaning.

nanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sekar,

Nanshi gave Exact ANS for your question...

naanshi said:
Sekar,
I received your private mail. here is the answer.

1.Every I-140/I-485 has to have a labor approved.
2.The receipt date of the Labor certificate by DOL is the Priority Date.
3.The labor , which you have used must have receipt date as 22 November 2002 and That is your Priority Date. So there is nothing wrong in your priority date
5. Use of Priority Date ????? :D :D For display purpose only, has no meaning.

nanshi.

Thanks for correcting me..

Thanks for correcting my erroneous perception. I never othered to think about Priority date as it never seemed to be any issue for me anytime so far. Sorry

I think Priority dates do seem to play a role in the I140 approval. I state this since my LC was filed at the state (MN) office in Mar 2003. My 140 RD: Sept 27,2003 AND my 140 has not been approved yet. However Shekar and lots of other sept cases have been approved.
The best way to analyse this is to check the PD of the other Sept 2003 cases.

This theory is something that was discussed a while ago, but there were posts from people with priority dates of July 2001 whose I-140 was pending for over 12 months, so don't think it works this way. (My own PD is Nov 2001, so I hope it works this way..:))

As Naanshi said, at this point it is mostly only for display ..)..(Since all employment based case dates are 'current' in monthly Visa report)