What happens to the Medical.

out-sider-US

Registered Users (C)
Guys..This question has been bugging me and would like to get inputs on this.

What is the length/duration for which your medical holds valid that everyone submits with 485 papers.
Is it similar to FP criteria of 15 months.???

Thoughts.....????

Quote from MurthyBulletin : VOL. X, no. 04; Jan 23, 2004
www.murthy.com

Policy Again Extended on Validity of I-485 Medicals

As regular MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers know, the Form I-693, or medical examination form, must be completed in conjunction with filing an I-485 application for adjustment. These medical exams are usually considered valid for one year. In our August 29, 2003 article, Medicals Valid until I-485 Adjudicated, Policy Extended, available on MurthyDotCom, we reported on a policy memo that extended the validity of medical examinations through January 1, 2004. Extensions were given only to those persons who did not have Class A or Class B medical conditions. A list of these medical conditions is included as part of Form I-693. USCIS forms are available through MurthyDotCom. The USCIS has once again extended the validity of the medical exams beyond the one year point.

We are pleased that the USCIS has once again recognized the unfairness and inefficiency in making all I-485 applicants retake medical examinations that expire due to USCIS backlogs. Accordingly, all I-693 forms that do not have Class A or Class B medical conditions certified will be valid through January 1, 2005, if the Form I-693 was filed concurrently with the I-485. This policy applies to all service centers and local offices.

This continuing policy has significantly reduced the number of Requests for Evidence (RFEs) that the USCIS otherwise would be required to send on I-485 cases. RFEs for new medical exams or supplemental information will still be required for cases in which the person did not have the required vaccinations at the time of filing the I-693, or in which there is still a medical concern. We appreciate the USCIS's continued approach to this issue and hope that the backlog reduction plan will soon work effectively so that the validity dates of the Form I-693 will not need to be extended year after year.