What happens to EAD application if 485 is approved while 765 pending?

kbxkb

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

Mine and my wife's 485 are pending (@TSC). I have an EAD (never used), but my wife does not have an EAD (we did not apply for her EAD during 485 application).

Now she got a job offer. So she wants to apply for her EAD. From what I am reading about recent EAD applications, more likely than not TSC will take a solid 90 - 120 days to approve her EAD.

Which means, at least theoretically, her (i.e, ours) GC (i.e., 485) may get approved before her EAD application is approved. At least the dates are favoring us - our 485 RD is 12/04/06, while the current processing date at TSC is 10/14/06 - quite close. I know that we can get stuck for 2 years in Name Check, but I am trying to shut that off from my brain :)

OK, Question: What will happen to the EAD application if her 485 gets approved while the 765 is pending? Does it simply means wasted $180? Or does it have any other serious implication? Or may be I am thinking too much- it means nothing, as soon as the 485 is approved, they will shred the 765 up and trash it?

Thank you for your answers,
Koushik

Hello all,

Mine and my wife's 485 are pending (@TSC). I have an EAD (never used), but my wife does not have an EAD (we did not apply for her EAD during 485 application).

Now she got a job offer. So she wants to apply for her EAD. From what I am reading about recent EAD applications, more likely than not TSC will take a solid 90 - 120 days to approve her EAD.

Which means, at least theoretically, her (i.e, ours) GC (i.e., 485) may get approved before her EAD application is approved. At least the dates are favoring us - our 485 RD is 12/04/06, while the current processing date at TSC is 10/14/06 - quite close. I know that we can get stuck for 2 years in Name Check, but I am trying to shut that off from my brain :)

OK, Question: What will happen to the EAD application if her 485 gets approved while the 765 is pending? Does it simply means wasted $180? Or does it have any other serious implication? Or may be I am thinking too much- it means nothing, as soon as the 485 is approved, they will shred the 765 up and trash it?

Thank you for your answers,
Koushik
Implication will be very serious, your EAD will be denied and you will not get back $180 :D Other then that - nothing serious.