What happens if company gets acquired?

kishorch

Registered Users (C)
What happens if my company gets acquired and I140 is still pending approval. After acquisition company name and tax Id might change. Will this affect I140 and I485?

Hi kishorch,

Until the acquisition is formalised, you dont have to do anything. If it is in the final stage, talk to the Attorney about requirements to file 140 Amendment, thereafter get copies of necessary documents.

Personally, I think it may be best to be hopeful of NSC approving your 140 soon which is likely as they have committed to faster processing. Thereafter, you may apply for 140 Amendment and/or use AC21 to work for new company.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

DIGS said:
Hi kishorch,

Until the acquisition is formalised, you dont have to do anything. If it is in the final stage, talk to the Attorney about requirements to file 140 Amendment, thereafter get copies of necessary documents.

Personally, I think it may be best to be hopeful of NSC approving your 140 soon which is likely as they have committed to faster processing. Thereafter, you may apply for 140 Amendment and/or use AC21 to work for new company.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

Thanks DIGS.