What happens at the Interview - After GC Approval

sridas

Registered Users (C)
Hi GC holders,
I recently received emails stating that my GC has been approved from TSC, I worked for company A which started my GC process, but 6-8 months after applying for 485, I switched to Company B, Since GC is for future employment the lawyer I consulted said that there wont be any problem.

Now after receving the 'Approval email'
1. Will I recieve a 'Welcome' letter to some USCIS office?
2. If so what documents do I have to carry? (Employment letter from Company B?)
3. At this interview do they only stamp the passport? Are there any chances of receiving the Card before this stamping?

Please respond with your valuable answers. I am thinking of hiring a lawyer and taking him to the GC interview so that he can cover any questions on why I left company A etc.

thanks gurus.

Hi GC holders,
I recently received emails stating that my GC has been approved from TSC, I worked for company A which started my GC process, but 6-8 months after applying for 485, I switched to Company B, Since GC is for future employment the lawyer I consulted said that there wont be any problem.

Now after receving the 'Approval email'
1. Will I recieve a 'Welcome' letter to some USCIS office?
2. If so what documents do I have to carry? (Employment letter from Company B?)
3. At this interview do they only stamp the passport? Are there any chances of receiving the Card before this stamping?

Please respond with your valuable answers. I am thinking of hiring a lawyer and taking him to the GC interview so that he can cover any questions on why I left company A etc.

thanks gurus.

You don't need to go for interview if you received approval email. Mostly likely, your card is going to follow the mail that contains your approval notice.

thanks for the info, so I guess its only for poeple who get 485 approvals from Interviews. How different is it from other approvals?

just curious. :confused:

thanks again.