What happens after interview?

Irishalien

Registered Users (C)
Once the interview is done, and if they give me the acceptance letter that states I have been recommended, is that the last step before the oath? Has the background check, fingerprints check and such already been done before the interview?

Irishalien said:
Once the interview is done, and if they give me the acceptance letter that states I have been recommended, is that the last step before the oath? Has the background check, fingerprints check and such already been done before the interview?
In your case, everything is done, the background check, fingerprints check etc...otherwise, the examiner would not mark that you have been recommended for approval. All you have to do now is wait for the oath letter in the mail.

Relax, you are almost there my friend. Oh, by the way, has the examiner told you when you should expect the oath letter?

Good luck,
Sony

Actually my interview is not until Jan. 10th. I just wanted to know that if I get accepted next Tuesday, will I be done, sans the Oath? I just don't want to have to wait another 6 months.

Irishalien said:
Actually my interview is not until Jan. 10th. I just wanted to know that if I get accepted next Tuesday, will I be done, sans the Oath? I just don't want to have to wait another 6 months.
Relax then, it seems like you don't have anything to worry about, my friend. Your case is straightforward.

You know what, there is a thread for chicago applicants on this forum, if you don't mind, you can post your concern there, and i am confident that you would find all the answers which are tailored to your specific district office. Who knows, they might hand you the oath letter right then, or even make you take the oath in the same day!

Sony

Irishalien said:

How did it go? Please give us the good news, and if you don't mind a few details about your interview.
Thank you :)