What forms should I submit

jy06

May I know what forms should I submit to apply
GC if I'm a spouse of US citizenship and live
in US?

Any Info helps!

This is what you have to send.

CHECKS
1. Personal check for $305 (Includes Form I-485 and fingerprinting fee)
2. Personal check for $130 (Form I-130)
3. Personal check for $120 (Form I-765)
4. Personal check for $110 (Form I-131)

FORMS AND PHOTOS
5. Application to Adjust Status (Form I-485) and 2 photos (applicant’s)
6. Affidavit of Support (Form I-864)
7. Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) and 2 photos (1 applicant’s and 1 husband’s)
8. Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765) and 2 photos (applicant’s)
9. Application for Travel Document (Form I-131) and 2 photos (applicant’s)
10. Applicant’s Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A)
11. Husband’s Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION (COPIES)
12. Applicant’s birth certificate
13. Applicant’s passport
14. Applicant’s nonimmigrant visa
15. Applicant’s Form I-94
16. Marriage certificate
17. Husband’s birth certificate
18. Husband’s passport
19. Proof of Husband/Sponsor’s income
20. Evidence of Husband/Sponsor’s current employment
21. Husband/Sponsor’s Federal income tax returns for the 3 most recent tax years

Note 1: You don't need to send the forms included in points 8 and 9, only if you want to work and/or travel while the I-485 application is in process.
Note 2: If you want and have the $$, you could attach the Medical Examination Form (I-693), or you can wait until the INS gives you a date for the interview.

Good luck.

Thank you Mchantiri,

It seems a lot paper work and long process and
pain to go through.

What's the link between I-130 with I-485? Does
it mean only I-130 processd then I-485 can be
approved in sequence?

I guess all those forms should be handled by
local INS, isn't it?

Do you have any idea how long should I estimate
from sumbit form to get EAD in AZ?

Thanks in Advnace for people who can tips info!

It looks harder than it is. When you first see the forms you probably will not know where to start, but once you read them all (and their instructions) it's really easy. I know all the forms from A to Z by now, write me if you need any help.

The good thing about applying for AOS when you're married to a citizen is that you don't have to wait until your I-130 is approved in order to send the rest of the I-485 package. You can send all the forms at once and the waiting period is much much shorter. Right now INS is giving the employment authorization in 45-60 days (sometimes even faster).

And yes, the forms are to be sent to your local INS office. C-ya!!

:)

MChantiri,

I have a question for you since I am also going thro' the same process.
The form says that you have to wait for the DIstrict INS to intimate you when to do your medicals.
Can I do them before and submit the I-693 with the other forms.

Thanks,
coolglobal

coolzz_g@yahoo.com

Hmmmmmmm...

I'm not sure I understand your question... What do you mean by intimate?? One thing I know is that you don't need to send the medical exam along with the other forms. I know that's what it says in the instructions, but it is not necessary. They will ask you for this when they call you for the interview. I hope this answers your question, write me back if not.
;)

Intimate is to inform, refer, get back to, referred to/by.
I wasn't sure if the INS informs you by mail when the medical must be done. I was hoping the process is expedited (move faster) if I submit my medicals right away.

All the same, thanks for the information, since I got the info and filed with the district Office in DC.

I suggest if anyone does the same in person, to do so a couple of minutes before the office closes. It will save you hours of waiting.
The process of submitting the forms itself took me 5 hours.
I was at the INS office from 7.30 am to 2pm. The office closes at 2.30pm.
The queue was about 50 people.

I pray I do not have to do anything else in person other than with an appointment.

Thanks,
coolglobal1

Last edited by a moderator: