What forms are required for an L1A extension?

Talafenix

My L1A was due to expire last May 2005. I notified my employer. They were granted a petition for extension of stay. At the bottom of the form it advises "This is not a Visa and may not be used as a Visa". I was advised that when I leave the country, I must go to an embassy and complete a non-immigrant visa form, pay the fees and process it which could take between 2 days and 6 weeks. However, my employer requires that I sometimes travel out of the country and an extended stay of up to 6 weeks would not be acceptable. Can my employer get an extension of the L1A that does not require departure and a wait time for a new Visa processing outside of the country? If so, what is this form and I am assuming that it must be filed by the employer..can this be confirmed? Also if this was an L1A visa then why would I personally need to complete a non-immigrant visa application if those are submitted by the employer? I also have a 7 yr old daughter in the UK that I have been unable to see in over two years. Being able to visit is a priority so I need to know the quickest way possible to have this resolved.

Other information - the expiration of the L1A was for the first 3 year period.

If your L visa was to expire almost one year back in 2005, what is your current visa status?

The concern is that if a person is out of status for 6 months, a 3 year entry bar is attached during re-entry. If out of status is 12 months, a 10 year entry bar is attached during re-entry.